Alternative Rock Evolve (2017)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Evolve
Artist: Imagine Dragons
Genre: Indie
Released: 2017

Tracks:
1 - I Don’t Know Why - 3:10
2 - Whatever It Takes - 3:21
3 - Believer - 3:24
4 - Walking the Wire - 3:52
5 - Rise Up - 3:51
6 - I’ll Make It Up to You - 4:22
7 - Yesterday - 3:25
8 - Mouth of the River - 3:41
9 - Thunder - 3:07
10 - Start Over - 3:06
11 - Dancing in the Dark - 3:53
12 - Levitate - 3:18
13 - Not Today - 4:21
14 - Believer (Kaskade remix) - 3:11

Overview:
Evolve (stylized as ƎVOLVE) is the upcoming third studio album by American rock band Imagine Dragons, scheduled to be released on June 23, 2017 through KIDinaKORNER and Interscope Records. The album is the band's new material follow-up to their second studio album, Smoke + Mirrors.

After the release of Smoke + Mirrors and its respective world tour, a self-imposed hiatus for 2016 and cryptic messages from the band through their social media gained anticipation for their third album. The album was finally announced on May 9, with the initiation of the album's pre-order. In comparison to Night Visions and Smoke + Mirrors, frontman Dan Reynolds explained that the album will be an 'evolution for Imagine Dragons'.

The album was promoted by two singles: "Believer" and "Thunder" as well as an upcoming tour produced by Live Nation and supported with Grouplove and K.Flay will start in September 2017.

In February 2016, after the success of their second album Smoke + Mirrors and a ten month long world tour, the members of Imagine Dragons vowed to take time off from the band. In an interview with Billboard, lead singer Dan Reynolds stated that the group would be on hiatus for the remainder of the year, explaining "We haven't stopped in, like, six years, so we've forced ourselves to at least take a year off." Throughout 2016, the band contributed songs to the soundtracks for Me Before You, Suicide Squad and Passengers, as well as playing at several shows.

The band first began teasing their third album on September 13, 2016, with a picture of guitarist Wayne Sermon in the band's recording studio and continued releasing cryptic messages over the next four months. On January 24, 2017, the band tweeted "goodnight +", effectively ending the Smoke + Mirrors album cycle.

Reynolds had noted that the album, compared to Night Visions and Smoke + Mirrors, is "an evolution for Imagine Dragons".

They haven't been on my radar before, but I enjoyed Believer and Thunder is something different which I'm enjoying too. Any fans, or a bit too off the pop vibe?

I think Thunder has become one of my favourite songs even if it's a bit cheesy.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)