Edinburgh

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Going for a weekend (next Bank Holiday). Haven't been in ages, where are the best areas to head to for bars etc? Cheers.

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Leith docks is really nice. It's about 5 minutes away in a taxi.

Rose Street is still full of bars. There's a couple of Wetherspoons on George Street if that's your thing.

Grass Market is ok as well but not as good as it used to be.

Emma
Staff member

Emma

Leith Walk - The Brass Monkey, Victoria Bar and Woodland Creatures are all decent places.

A lot of good place to eat along Leith Walk too. For drinks, I tend just to stay on Rose Street. There are enough pubs there to keep you going all day and night.

Dylan
Staff member Staff member Staff member

Some nice bars and good seafood down Leith docks, good bars at the top of Leith Walk - Boda bar and the Joseph Pearces - though more for the trendy locals but if you want to get away from the touristy areas they are a good alternative and also slightly cheaper.

I'll stick this in here. Maybe some of you will know.

I'm flying from Edinburgh Airport at 0630 in early August so looking to stay somewhere overnight.

Where's the best and cheapest place to stay and park car (at hotel or airport car park).

Two adults and two teenagers. I know the Premier Inn has a under 15 age limit for family rooms do they enforce this as never used them before?