E3 2019 News and Discussions (1 Viewer)

The Xbox E3 2019 press conference has a date: June 9.

Microsoft will host its Xbox E3 2019 briefing the Sunday before E3 2019 officially starts.

The show will kick off June 9 at 1pm PDT, 4pm EDT, 9pm BST, 10pm CEST.

During the briefing, expect to see in-depth looks at previously-announced games and trailers for unannounced titles coming in 2019 and beyond.

You will be able to watch the briefing in 4K through Mixer on your Xbox One. You can also watch it on the Mixer website and through the dedicated mobile app. It will also be broadcast on Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.

Inside Xbox will also air during E3 2019 starting Monday, June 10. Expect a livestream featuring announcements, game demos, interviews, and more.

e3-2018-2019-dates-location02.jpg

Microsoft's new studios will have "something special to show" at E3 2019, says Phil Spencer.

Recently, while speaking on the latest episode of Inside Xbox, Spencer got to talking about what people can expect to see from Microsoft at E3 2019, and one of the more interesting things he mentioned was that the lineup of new studios they have recently acquired over the last year will have some stuff to show at the event.

"Our new studios are going to have things to show, which is going to be awesome," said Spencer. "Some new things that nobody has seen before, which will be fun. Obsidian had a great show at the at The Game Awards with The Outer Worlds, and we’re going to see more of that.

"It’s been nice starting to work with these studios. They came in and I think they’re starting to see how big of a deal E3 is for our platform, and I can see them getting excited about that. It’s kind of different than being an independent studio. It’s going to be exciting to see the studios."

According to Spencer, though it’s going to take some time for the new studios to fully integrate with the Microsoft infrastructure, E3 2019 is going to be a great time for them to take a huge step in that direction. "It’ll take kinda years to really have them fully integrated in and delivering the same way all of the teams do," he said. "That’s because different teams are in different parts of the development cycle, but I think it’s going to be really interesting to have those team showing up this year and starting the show with what they’re building for us."

This year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo is coming up, and there’s already plenty of intrigue over what to expect. Just like other companies, Nintendo has thrown its proverbial cap in the ring and announced that its E3 2019 Direct presentation will take place on June 11th.

There will be other Nintendo events taking place during E3 as well. The Splatoon 2 World Championship 2019 is on June 8th at 11 AM PT, while the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate World Championship 2019 competition is slated for the same day. You can also expect Treehouse: Live streams from June 11th to 13th to offer more footage of upcoming Switch titles.

Nintendo has yet to hint at what the Direct presentation will contain. However, it wouldn’t be strange to see gameplay footage for titles like Daemon x Machina, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake. Here’s hoping for updates on Animal Crossing Switch, Pokemon Sword and Shield and Luigi’s Mansion 3 as well, among other titles.

The PC market is in a state of disruption right now, largely due to the actions of Epic Games and their aggressive strategy of buying exclusives for their new launcher and storefront The Epic Games Store, which we’ve reported on extensively.

Despite heaps of criticisms thrown at the store and their approach, Epic Games CEO Tim Sweeney says he has no intentions of stopping, and we’ll probably be seeing more of that this E3. It’s announced that the fifth annual PC Gaming Show will be held June 10th, and it will be sponsored by The Epic Games Store.

In a press release by PC Gamer, the conference will be hosted by Sean “Day[9]” Plott and eSports presenter Frankie Ward, and includes a who’s who of various indie and midrange publishers and developers to reveal titles and trailers for upcoming games, many never before seen. The show will be sponsored by The Epic Games Store, which they have promised to reveal several new games, which include new exclusives to the storefront.

The other studios confirmed to be attending are Annapurna Interactive, Chucklefish, Digital Extremes, Digital Uppercut, E-WIN, Fatshark, Fellow Traveller, Frontier Developments, Funcom, Modus Games, Paradox Interactive, Perfect World Entertainment, Raw Fury, Rebellion, Re-Logic, and Tripwire Interactive. You will be able to watch the show live from PC Gamer’s Twitch here on June 10.

Netflix has become a staples of life over the last decade. Starting out as a movie by mail service, the company transited to streaming ahead of many others and has largely become a de facto standard of modern life for streaming films and TV shows. Netflix is on almost any device that has any streaming capabilities and has entered everyday lingo (“Netflix and chill”), and now it seems they may be wanting to make a splash in the games industry.

As you can see from the official E3 Twitter below, Netflix will host a panel at the E3 Coliseum this year and seems to be teasing they will be talking about adapting their original content into video games. The only toe they’ve dipped in that pool thus far has been video game adaptations of their popular Stranger Things series. A game based around season 3 of that show is coming in July, and there were attempts to create a Telltale game based on that series before that studio closed.

Netflix has seen an aggressive expansion of original content over the last few years to combat major companies, such as Disney and Warner Bros., pulling content from their service as they launch their own. Their series have ranged from comedy specials to high budget dramas, but there’s not a lot there that jumps out as being ripe for video game adaptation, so we’ll have to see what they have in store next month.

EA has announced that the previously scheduled Friday livestreams at its EA Play E3 show have been pushed back.

When EA confirmed plans for EA Play E3 2019, the company revealed it won’t be hosting a traditional press conference. Instead, it promised, those at home will be able to follow through multiple livestreams of all the games present at the show.

Those official streams were initially planned for Friday, June 7, leaving the two following days for attendees to go hands-on with the games. In an update announcing ticket availability, EA quietly noted a big change in the schedule.

Official livestreams will now instead take place only on Saturday, June 8. Content creators invited to EA’s “Creator’s Cave” will be hosting their own streams for the entire weekend. The exact schedule will be revealed closer to launch.

E3 2019 games

With the annual event comes a plethora of new game announcements and release dates. While we’re not 100% on everything to expect, here’s a few educated guesses, rumours, updates that may have a reveal.

Expect this list to grow over time:
  • Age of Empires 4
  • Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey
  • Animal Crossing
  • Anthem
  • Apex Legends Season 2
  • Astral Chain
  • Bayonetta 3
  • Beyond Good and Evil 2
  • Biomutant
  • Borderlands 3
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
  • Code Vein
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Darkest Dungeon 2
  • Destiny 3
  • Divinity: Fallen Heroes
  • Doom Eternal
  • Dying Light 2
  • Fable from Playground Games
  • Final Fantasy 7: Remake
  • Gears of War 5
  • Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Halo Infinite
  • Halo: The Master Chief Collection (PC)
  • John Wick Hex
  • Luigi’s Mansion 3
  • Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Metroid Prime Trilogy
  • Need for Speed
  • Nioh 2
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Phoenix Point
  • Plants vs Zombies
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield
  • Session
  • Skate 4
  • Splinter Cell
  • Star Fox: Grand Prix
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • Super Mario Maker 2
  • Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC
  • The Avengers Project
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
  • The Lord of the Rings – Gollum
  • The Outer Worlds
  • The Surge 2
  • Town (Switch working title)
  • Unannounced AAA tile from Ubisoft
  • Untitled Avatar game
  • Vader Immortal
  • Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2
  • Wasteland 3
  • Watch Dogs 3
  • Wolfenstein: Cyberpilot

PS5 and next-gen Xbox

PS5 development is underway, but since Sony is skipping E3 this year, any announcement regarding the console is off the table. We wouldn’t rule a dedicated event for its reveal in 2020, however.

Microsoft is rumoured to announce its next Xbox console codenamed Anaconda. The console is said to be a “more powerful machine” and unlike the recently revealed sku, it features a disc drive.

Anaconda is said to offer native 4K with its much more powerful GPU and will be similarly priced to the Xbox One X at launch.

Halo Infinite is said to be a launch title when the machines release at the end of 2020, though the game will also be available on the Xbox One family of consoles.

Microsoft has a big show planned, and there are rumours the company will reveal its next-gen Xbox console. Which isn't to say Microsoft is completely ignoring the Xbox One. On the contrary, quite a few of the games already confirmed to be at E3 2019 will be making their way onto Xbox One.

All Xbox One Games Confirmed For E3 2019
  • Anthem (EA Play)
  • Apex Legends
  • Battlefield V (EA Play)
  • Bee Simulator
  • Borderlands 3
  • Call of Duty 2019
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Doom Eternal
  • Dying Light 2
  • FIFA 20
  • Fortnite (Summer Block Party)
  • Halo Infinite
  • John Wick Hex
  • Monster Hunter World: Iceborne
  • Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order
  • The Fisherman – Fishing Planet
  • The Sinking City
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint
  • Trine 4: The Nightmare Prince

Below you will find the current schedule for E3 2019 presentations and showcases.
  • EA Play: June 8-9 – Livestream schedule TBA
  • Microsoft: June 9 at 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm BST, 10pm CEST.
  • Bethesda: June 9 at 5:30pm PT, 8:30pm ET / June 10 at 1:30am BST, 2:30am CEST
  • Devolver Digital: June 9 at 7pm PT, 10pm ET and June 10 at 3am UK, 4am CEST.
  • Ubisoft: June 10 at 1pm PT, 4pm ET, 9pm UK
  • Square Enix: June 10 at 6pm PT, 9pm ET / June 11 at 2am BST, 3am CEST (pre-recorded)
  • Nintendo Direct: June 11 9am PDT, 12pm EDT, 5pm UK, 6pm CEST.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...