Gaming Chit Chat E3 2018 - Rumours, News and Discussion (1 Viewer)

Apparently, Microsoft has 15 world premieres to announce tonight. That's quite a few, besides Halo, Gears of War and Crackdown I wonder how many will be third-party games and how many will be exclusives.
But realistically, how many of them will be exclusives?

Even 3 or 4 would be good. In mean how many new exclusives are we expecting from Sony? I feel most of Sony's show could just be about the existing games announced.

I was pleasantly surprised to find the Elder Scrolls VI reveal had landed overnight. Super excited for this. Cannot wait but it looks like it'll be a long wait :(

I was actually unimpressed by Bethesda's presentation.

Yes, they have Elder Scrolls VI, Doom and Wolfenstein announced, but they showed sweet sod all.

Elder Scrolls VI has been known to have been in the works for the last few years. Doom was always going to get a sequel after the 2016 release and Wolfenstein has been better than ever with the previous two releases.

Actual gameplay clips would be far far better than yet more pre-rendered videos.

Ubisoft showed up at E3 2018 with some new games in some long-running franchises, from Assassin’s Creed to Trials. The publisher also offered updates on For Honor, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battles and Skull & Bones.

Ubisoft made it official: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey will send the franchise to Greece, 431 BC. Players will be able to assume the role of Spartan warriors Alexios and Kassandra in a massive open-world adventure with a stronger core of role-playing game elements. That means dialogue choices! Romance options! Skill trees and more! And since Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s ancient Greece is just filled with islands to explore and people to kill, naval combat is back.

View media item 64
Trials Rising announced

Red Lynx and Ubisoft’s motorbike stunt platformer series is back. Trials Rising is coming to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Windows PC and Xbox One. The game’s debut trailer is ... brutally violent. Trials Rising is coming.

View media item 66
Nintendo’s Star Fox is coming to Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Interest in Starlink: Battle for Atlas absolutely skyrocketed when it was revealed that Nintendo’s Fox McCloud was coming to the game as a guest character (and guest ship). Starlink: Battle for Atlas’ Star Fox content — McCloud, the Arwing and bonus Star Wolf missions — will be exclusive to the Nintendo Switch version of the game.

View media item 67
The Division 2 will include eight-person raids

Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 is heading to Washington, DC, for a new story set years after the events of the original game. The sequel will include eight-person raids, which will be released as free downloadable content for the game. Ubisoft offered a deeper dive into The Division 2 during its press conference, which you can watch in the clip above.

View media item 68
Jade’s back in Beyond Good & Evil 2

Ubisoft brought a very, very brief glimpse of Beyond Good & Evil 2 to E3 2018, but it was the game’s cinematic trailer that was more revealing. That video showed the return of Jade from the original Beyond Good & Evil, in addition to some flashy action.

I missed the whole of E3!! Didn't they announce a new Splinter Cell game? I was hoping for something after Sam Fisher appeared in Ghost Recon: Wildlands :(

I missed the whole of E3!! Didn't they announce a new Splinter Cell game? I was hoping for something after Sam Fisher appeared in Ghost Recon: Wildlands :(
Nope. No Splinter Cell. Here's what Ubisoft said....

Ubisoft President and CEO Yves Guillemot was asked why Splinter Cell didn’t make the show as many fans believed it would make an appearance thanks to a retail leak earlier this year. While professing love for the brand, Yves confirmed that Ubisoft does plan to return to the franchise, though he wasn’t able to say anything about it at the show. While no doubt disappointing for longtime fans, Yves did leave the door open for hope that Sam Fisher will return.

Nope. No Splinter Cell. Here's what Ubisoft said....
Disappointing. One of my favourite franchises. I much prefer stealth games to all out guns blazing action.

Dates for your diaries. All the E3 2018 games coming out in 2018
  • Red Dead Redemption 2 | October 26
  • Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night | TBA 2018
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider | September 14
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 | October 12
  • Mega Man 11 | October 2
  • Destiny 2 Forsaken | September 4
  • Team Sonic Racing | Winter 2018
  • The Elder Scrolls Blades | Fall 2018
  • Spyro Reignited Trilogy | September 21
  • Dragon Quest XI | September 4
  • FIFA 19 | September 28
  • The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit | June 26
  • Battlefield V | October 19
  • Hitman 2 | November 13
  • Yakuza Kiwami 2 | August 28
  • Just Cause 4 | December 4
  • Madden NFL 19 | August 10
  • Code Vein | September 28
  • NBA Live 19 | September 7
  • Transference | Fall 2018
  • Fallout 76 | November 14
  • Nier Automata: Become Gods Edition | June 26
  • Soulcalibur VI | TBA 2018
  • Assassin's Creed Odyssey | October 5
  • Spider-Man | September 7
  • Unravel 2 | June 9