Dyson Airwrap (1 Viewer)

Connie
Staff member

Connie

It only works on damp hair, which is a massive concern for me. I usually wash my hair at night and style in the morning.

That's just me though.

Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

Has anyone got one yet?
Very tempted by this but kinda waiting for some "real world" reviews first.

It only works on damp hair, which is a massive concern for me. I usually wash my hair at night and style in the morning.

That's just me though.
Same, but one of those spray bottles stylists use should fix that.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Tried it in Arnotts last week. It was unreal!!! Loved it. Beautiful curly blow dry look in no time.

It's totally different to a normal curling tongs as you really just hold the hair to the wand and it wraps itself. I have the thickest hair so the lady said smooth and calming one would work for me.

Am seriously tempted but would be so annoyed with myself if I spent 450 and didn't get 10 years of beautiful hair everyday out of it.

Talia
Staff member

Talia

Jun 11, 2018
I got one just before Christmas and have just used it once so far.

First off, I have thick heavy dead straight hair so my experience of it probably doesn’t fully reflect its abilities. It’s really simple to use and you get a great looking curl but for me, 30-60 seconds later it had disappeared. I plan to practice more and a friend suggested I add mousse to my wet hair so I’ll try that in an effort to hold it better. The pack recommends you practice with the thicker barrel (I got the complete) but I found the smaller barrel worked better for me.

I also didn’t section my hair off well.

All in all, I can see how good it is for people with normal hair, but I’m not 100% convinced yet that it’s suitable for my hair. I will persevere though.

Reactions: Cherub
Shelby81
Staff member

Shelby81

Bought one at the beginning of January.

The more I use it the more I love it, I have blow-dried my hair straight with it once, all done and dusted in 12 minutes and I didn't need to use the GHD after. My husband couldn't believe I had washed my hair I was ready so quickly! :D

I am slowly getting the knack of the curls and I love it, getting faster every time too. You definitely need product but I think it's well worth the money. I wash my hair every 3 days - day 1 curl with airwrap, day 2 brush out curls have wavy hair, day 3 - perfect for full ponytail or sometimes I run GHD through too curl and they sit so well, like the hair has curl memory!

I highly recommend it.

Reactions: Cherub