General Dying Light 2 (Techland) (1 Viewer)

Dying Light 2 was revealed for the first time at Microsoft's E3 2018 presentation on June 10. Chris Avellone came on stage at the presentation to reveal a gameplay demo for the upcoming survival game.

Once again, parkour is back for Dying Light 2, but this time there's a large emphasis on choices. Your choices can change how the game fundamentally looks and plays, with entire towns being razed to the ground.

Avellone revealed that the player's choices in one scenario could drastically impact the entire way a situation plays out in a survivalist town, in what he's calling an "entirely new genre".

We don't have a release date or even a release window for Dying Light 2, so it's fairly safe to say it's a ways off right now.

Dying-Light-2-E3-Trailer.jpg

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Very hopeful for this - Avellone has worked on some great RPGs (and games in general) over the last 15 years.

Gameplay trailer too from yesterday's conference

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Looking forward to this. I love the first one.

Bigger ain't necessarily better but this sounds like it is going to be huge.

The map in Dying Light 2 is four times larger than all of the maps from the original game combined. The information came from a presentation at E3 2018 given by the game’s producer, Tymon Smektała.

While Dying Light took place in the fictional Turkish city of Harran, Dying Light 2 has moved further West, and according to Smektała, is set in a “fictional European metropolis, once prosperous, but now probably the last human settlement struggling to survive.” The city is yet to be named, but it looks to be far more expansive than Harran.

Smektała says that “the city is sprawling,” around “four times as big as all of the maps from Dying Light combined.” That’s impressive, as there were three maps in Dying Light, between the Slums, Old Town, and the map from the 2015 Following expansion (which itself was twice the size of the areas from the original map). Going the estimation of some fans, that means the new map could take more than two hours to walk from one end to another.

Smektała is keen to suggest that there’s plenty to do in the new city. “You can go to each of those places and find new people, new locations, new quests [...] this is a huge game, and it offers a lot of replayability,” he says.

I picked up dying light again after over a year. I'm still shite at it.

Nevermind the night stalkers when they go into relentless beast mode during dark hours, those annoying fast feckers you encounter during daylight hours too. Takes me all day to kill them with 30 hits from planks, iron bars, knives ... I just can't progress in it.

Anyone any tips on how to play Dying Light, i.e resources to carry, most durable weapons, just roof jump everywhere?

I'd love to get Dying light 2, but I can barely progress in number 1

The more I hear, the more I'm looking forward to this.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...