Xbox/Microsoft Dolby Vision Coming To Xbox One

Starting today, Microsoft is giving Xbox Insiders a preview of system update 1810. Xbox Wire reveals the update contains several new features -- some of which will be trickling out over the coming weeks, including Dolby Vision video streaming, dashboard avatars, an expanded search feature, and improved linguistic diversity when using the narrator function.

Dolby Vision or Dolby Vision HDR support will allow compatible televisions to improve upon standard HDR. Compared to HDR10, Dolby Vision has increased colour depth and dynamic metadata, which means video content on Xbox One S and Xbox One X can be displayed with greater scene-by-scene precision. However, you'll need a premium Netflix subscription to access it.

Last month, Xbox Insiders had a chance to peek at the beta version of Microsoft's Avatar Editor app. These customized avatars should now be visible on different user profiles, community posts, gamerscore comparisons and beyond.

The list of supported languages in the Narrator feature is extending to Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish. Australian English is also being added as an option, so gamers from down under will no longer have to pick between the US or UK English.

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)