Animation Disenchantment

Title: Disenchantment

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Animation, Comedy

First aired: 2018-12-30

Creator: Matt Groening

Overview: Set in a ruined medieval city called Dreamland, Disenchantment follow the grubby adventures of an alcoholic princess, her elf companion and a demon.

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

The new Matt Groening show comes out on Netflix on the 17 of August. It looks like it has a lot of the Futurama cast too. Looking forward to this one.

View media item 117
"Part 1", consisting of 10 episodes, has dropped. Kinda looking forward to this given the pedigree, though like Futurama (and the Simpsons too in fairness) before it I expect it to take a while to bed down and find its voice.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

I have watched the first episode. I enjoyed it!

The 3 main characters are excellent. It looks terrific lots of little details in the background.

Also a couple of the side characters they bump in to are great fun, the fairy and the priest in particular.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Just watched it. It's just flat and lacking in energy. Even the opening sequence trying to establish Bean with the Poker fight was just absolutely lifeless. It's as if every interaction goes on a beat too long. I'd like to see it more aggressively edited for better timing.