General DiRT Rally 2.0 (Codemasters) (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter David76

Codemasters has been teasing an announcement for the past week and now we've finally got confirmation that its DiRT Rally 2! The first game was a pretty big success with hardcore fans of the series but it didn’t go down too well with the more causal players as it was quite unforgiving.

The new game looks to build upon the first with improved handling models, more locations and of course, more cars! It should do pretty well, it offers significantly different gameplay to most other racers and the DiRT series has some pretty devoted fans.

“DiRT Rally 2.0 dares you to carve your way through a selection of iconic rally locations from across the globe, in the most powerful off-road vehicles ever made, knowing that the smallest mistake could end your stage.”

You will need to rely on your instincts with the most immersive and truly focused off-road experience yet, including a new authentic handling model, tyre choice and surface deformation.

Power your rally car through real-life off-road environments in New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA, with only your co-driver and instincts to guide you. Race on eight official circuits from the FIA World Rallycross championship, complete with licensed Supercars and support series.

Develop your team and cars around race strategies, and progress through a varied selection of Events and Championships in both a single player Career Campaign and a competitive online environment.”
Dirt-rally-2.0.jpg

The Day One Edition, which will be "marketwide while stocks last," comes with the Porsche 911 RGT Rally Spec and also early unlocks for the Fiat 131 Abarth Rally and Alpine Renault A110 1600 S.

The Deluxe Edition will be available at selected retailers and includes five early vehicle unlocks:
  • Ford Escort Mk II
  • Lancia Stratos
  • Subaru Impreza 1995
  • AUDI Sport quattro S1 E2
  • Ford Fiesta OMSE SuperCar Lite
The first two seasons of post-launch additional content will be a part of this edition too. Each DLC comes with three locations, split between rally and rallycross, and also five additional early vehicle unlocks. Play the game four days early with the Deluxe Edition and also take advantage of the upgraded starter cars for My Team, in-game bonuses, and high reward events.

Lastly, available exclusively at selected retailers (which retailers exactly is yet to be confirmed), players who place a pre-order of the title will receive an exclusive Steelbook, and/or the Open Kadett C GT/E.

Codemasters has released a new trailer and set of screenshots for DiRT Rally 2.0 dubbed “Rally Through the Ages.”

Here is an overview of the trailer, via Codemasters:
The Alpine Renault A110 1600 S rallying through New Zealand represents the best of the 1960s, while the Ford Escort Mk II takes centre stage in Australia to showcase what the 1970s had to offer. The Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 racing through the tarmac streets of Spain epitomises the Group B power of the 1980s, and New England provides the perfect autumnal backdrop for Colin McRae’s SUBARU Impreza 1995.

The trailer also shows a first look at DiRT Rally 2.0‘s stage degradation feature in action. Stage degradation replicates the way surfaces evolve throughout the course of a rally event.

“If you start first on the road you’re going to suffer from a lot of loose gravel, which means you’ll struggle for traction – and that makes it hard to put in a flowing stage with a good stage time,” said Codemasters’ Rally Consultant Jon Armstrong. “The optimal runtime is probably around 5th to 10th place because you get that loose surface swept off, but it’s not too rough that it ruins your car or your rhythm.”

‘”he further down the running order you are from there, the more the surface is going to plough and rut, so you need to adjust your driving style and even your vehicle set up to cope with the evolving track. Even though you can drive down the same stage a thousand times, these stages are going to present a different challenge every time.

DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_001.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_002.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_003.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_004.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_005.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_006.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_007.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_008.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_009.jpg_600.jpg DiRT-Rally-2-0_2018_12-20-18_010.jpg_600.jpg

While we know of a new career mode coming to DiRT Rally 2.0, we don’t actually know what said career mode will entail. The release date of the game approaches, but Codemasters have held their cards pretty close to their chests, and we don’t quite know what to expect from the career mode this time around.

Thankfully, we finally have some idea - Team VVV reports that Codemasters’ Chief Game Designer Ross Gowing has briefly touched upon the format and structure of the new career mode, which will seemingly be taking cues from the original DiRT Rally’s career mode (which, of course, is to be expected).

This structure includes five tiers on the career mode ladder, culminating in the Master’s Level, where you have to stay once you get (and which is apparently the real challenge). You can use any car on any rung, which means you can stick with your favourites if you want (and the AI opponents’ vehicles will be adjusted to be in the same range as yours, so races will always be close). Basically, it sounds like level scaling.

After recently learning about how its career mode will be structured, we now have information on a pretty important part of the game- its damage system. More specifically, how it plans to improve it as compared to its predecessor.

Lead Game Designer Ross Gowing recently revealed (via Team VVV) that damage that your vehicles incur during races will be persistent, and won’t magically disappear after a race is over. Players will, as such, have to decide how much they want to spend on repairing their vehicles, and what components and parts of their vehicles to prioritize in said repairs, before heading on over into the next race. According to Gowing, the developers made this decision to make players take more responsibility for how they not only drive during races, but also for how they finish them.

“In previous games, you could hilariously stack very close to the finish line – tumble over the finish line – and there was no real consequence,” said Gowing. “The more we thought about it, the more we wanted people to take responsibility for the damage that they do to their vehicles…I’d recommend slowing down to the marshall posts!”

It’s an interesting take, and it should be interesting to see how it impacts progression and accessibility within the career mode. Driving styles will certainly be affected, especially for players that haven’t really worried over persistent damage too much in the past.

When DiRT Rally 2.0 arrives next month, it will bring with it events, tracks, and cars from the FIA World Rallycross Championship. The latest trailer and screenshots for the game show players exactly what they can expect from the partnership as they play through the game's career, and the historic rally and multiplayer modes.

The new Rallycross Championship mode allows players to race against multiple vehicles in official FIA World Rallycross events, taking on the full heats, semi-final and final as they race for the winner's spot. The game will come with eight tracks from the 2018 championship, including several locations that were new to the series, such as Mettet, Silverstone and the Circuit de Barcelona - Catalunya. There will also be four classes of rallycross cars and three new Supercars added to the game. You can see them in action in the trailer below.

Rallycross Car Classes
  • Official FIA World Rallycross Championship Supercars
  • RX2
  • RX Super 1600s
  • RX Crosskarts
Supercars
  • GCKompetition World Rallycross team’s Prodrive-built Renault Megane RS RX
  • Audi S1 EKS RX quattro
  • 2018 FIA World Rallycross Champion Johan Kristofferson’s PSRX Volkswagen Polo R Supercar

As well as the content that will arrive with the game at launch, there will be more World Rallycross tracks and vehicles added as seasonal content following the game's release. This includes the Group B Rallycross class. None of this additional content has a release date yet, but you can get your hands on the base game when it's released on February 26th.

091566.jpg 091567.jpg 091568.jpg 091569.jpg 091570.jpg 091571.jpg 091572.jpg 091573.jpg

  • Like
Reactions: Boozy

The first one was good but quite difficult. It could have done with a rewind option, or do practice stages with rewind that does not advance game progress.

It just got tiring trying to do each stage from scratch to fail, fail, and fail each time. I do not think I won an event the whole time, and I regard myself as above average at racing games.

DiRT Rally 2.0 is just around the corner, so naturally Codemasters has polished off a launch trailer for you to feast your eyes on.

In addition, the studio has also confirmed a slew of content that players will be able to get their hands on during Season One. The goodies will start rolling out on March 12, although if you plumped for the Deluxe Edition of DiRT Rally 2.0, you'll get them completely free.

See below for the full DLC roundup.

-Week 1: ŠKODA Fabia Rally, Citroën C4 Rally
  • Week 3: Monte Carlo Rally, Special Livery
  • Week 5: BMW M1 Procar Rally, Opel Manta 400, Special Livery
  • Week 7: Sweden Rally
  • Week 9: Ford Focus RS Rally 2007, Subaru Impreza, Special Livery
  • Week 11: Germany Rally
DiRT Rally 2.0 is due out for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One on February 26, though Deluxe Edition owners can grab the game on February 22.

The hardcore offroad romp includes locations such as Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, and the US, as well as a flashy new weather system that can affect driving conditions and visibility. There are 50 cars available in total, and you can tinker with each vehicle's setup prior to a race.

Dirt Rally 2.0 is now officially available for Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Check out the accolades trailer below which highlights some of the more positive impressions that critics have about the game.

Dirt Rally 2.0 features eight official FIA World Rallycross championship tracks set in New Zealand, Argentina, Australia and the USA among other locations. Over 50 cars and a Career Campaign with various events and championships await. Codemasters also hypes up the handling, track degradation and environments, which all look pretty good in the trailer.

Still, there’s plenty to sink your teeth into, whether it’s tuning a car to suit your play-style or building a team up to improve your chances of success. There are daily, weekly and monthly challenges to complete along with global leaderboards and events.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...