Delicate Sound of Thunder (1988) (1 Viewer)

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Delicate Sound of Thunder
Artist: Pink Floyd
Genre: Progressive Rock
Released: 1988

Tracks:
1 - Shine On You Crazy Diamond - 11:53
2 - Learning to Fly - 5:27
3 - Yet Another Movie - 6:21
4 - Round and Around - 0:33
5 - Sorrow - 9:28
6 - Dogs of War - 7:18
7 - On the Turning Away - 7:58

CD 2
1 - One of These Days - 6:15
2 - Time - 5:16
3 - Wish You Were Here - 4:49
4 - Us and Them - 7:22
5 - Money - 9:52
6 - Another Brick in the Wall, Part II - 5:28
7 - Comfortably Numb - 8:56
8 - Run Like Hell - 7:12

Overview:
Delicate Sound of Thunder is a Pink Floyd concert video taken from A Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. It was largely filmed during the concerts running from 19 August 1988 through 23 August 1988 at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale, New York, with some additional footage from 21–22 June 1988 at the Place d'Armes of the Château de Versailles, Versailles, France (used to provide the performance of "The Great Gig in the Sky". Note that the Versailles show was only used for some of the video footage. The audio is from Nassau). It was released on VHS and Laserdisc formats. It has never been officially released on DVD. Each song in common with the CD release uses the same performance (except "Run Like Hell" and "On the Turning Away", the latter of which has a different guitar solo at the end) with the audience a little higher in the mix. The remaining three songs—"Signs of Life", "On the Run", and "One Slip"—all come from Nassau as well. The two tracks from the A Momentary Lapse of Reason LP were recorded on 23 August 1988, while "On the Run" was recorded on 19 August 1988. The determining factor in figuring out which of the remaining songs was from which night was the clothing differences, most notably which tie was being worn by Jon Carin.

Just been watching this concert on Sky Arts tonight. Amazing album from start to finish, timeless.

Music information in first post provided by The AudioDB

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...