Talk Music Classic Debut Albums (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter Franco Pinion

Just listened to this earlier today. Still sounds as fresh as the day it was released. Outstanding.

Great shout @Some Random Guy

Hot Fuss by The Killers is another great debut. I can't fault any tracks on that album. Sadly it all went downhill after that.

Reactions: Gemma

Weezer - Weezer (also known as the Blue Album) stands the test of time pretty well

Not really a fan but Guns n Roses Appetite for Destruction deserves a mention.

Reactions: Soon

Dummy - Portishead

Similar to Massive Attack in terms of beats, samples and live guitars but with much moodier vocals from Beth Gibbon

It’s like a trip through Black music but with his own personal spin and that devilishly husky voice - funk, disco, soul, reggae, blues, gospel, doo wop... it’s all in there.

I think the fame went to him and he disappeared up his own bum hole after that.

Reactions: Major Tom

t’s like a trip through Black music but with his own personal spin and that devilishly husky voice - funk, disco, soul, reggae, blues, gospel, doo wop... it’s all in there.

I think the fame went to him and he disappeared up his own bum hole after that.
Not sure what happened after, he got it in his head the music industry was conspiring against him, had a nervous breakdown and decided to change his name by all accounts.

Let's remember the good times though, that album had so many great songs and such energy in it, simply amazing.