Football Champions League Final - Real Madrid v Liverpool

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Similar threads

Bandit

Bandit

Today, 10:19
Apr 3, 2018
For those that believe it is Liverpool's time and they will lift the Champions League trophy again. In 1981, when Liverpool won the then European Cup, a Prince gets married, Man United beat Liverpool 2-1. AManchester team loses FA Cup final. A new Doctor Who regenerates.

Even stranger. The same things happened in 2005 as well, a Prince gets married (for the second time), United 2 Liverpool 1. United lose to a London team FA Cup final. And a new Doctor Who arrives.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Famp.businessinsider.com%2Fimages%2F51b8e89ceab8eaa87d000009-750-562.jpg&hash=32d12f6f17199dd678e4c7a988064d0f

Sad Professor

Sad Professor

May 2, 2018
The last time Liverpool played Madrid in a European final they won.

All of these stats and/or portents are equally as useful as each other for predicting how the game on Saturday will turn out. I realise I'm probably falling into a trap here, but I have to say: what a load of utter crap.

Royale With Cheese

Royale With Cheese

May 9, 2018
Can't see past a Real win. They have the knowledge and experience in that they have done it before, they have a better team. Liverpool will have to find another gear to beat them and I don't think they have it.

Zidane

Zidane

Apr 11, 2018
I think that there will be goals but it's a major final and new territory for this Liverpool team. They may start at 100 mph, like previous rounds but I think we'll see them taking a more measured approach myself.

David76

David76

Apr 7, 2018
Liverpool were in the Europa Cup final a few years ago.

I think that there will be goals but it's a major final and new territory for this Liverpool team.
Could well happen.

Madrid will definitely have more options off the bench, with maybe the likes of Bale, Isco, Lucas Vazquez available to change the game.

Liverpool I think will be sticking with the Plan A they have used all season (which to be fair has served them well so far in the CL).

Bandit

Bandit

Apr 3, 2018
Anyone else feeling sorry for Karius? The amount of shit he is getting, I hope he has plenty of help and support around him.

Dylan
Donator

Dylan

Apr 9, 2018
Anyone else feeling sorry for Karius? The amount of shit he is getting, I hope he has plenty of help and support around him.
He made two howlers. This will probably be the end of his Liverpool career. Make those sort of errors at the highest level and you're going to be under scrutiny but the abuse he has received on social media is sickening and needless.

I also feel that at the end of the match, Jordan Henderson should have made it his business as captain to have a kindly word in his ear.

Birdman

Birdman

Apr 20, 2018
Losing Salah was a blow but if you make the sort of mistakes Karius made then you’re going to be up against it. I’ve always said Liverpool’s defence and goalkeepers have a mistake in them and sadly that has proven to be the case in probably their biggest match for some time.

The death threats are ridiculous. And I agree that he has probably played his last game for Liverpool.

Geezer

Geezer

Apr 16, 2018
Karius mistakes aside it’s surprising that more attention isn’t being paid to just how poor Liverpool were without Salah. Just like Suarez singlehandedly kept Liverpool punching above their weight Salah has ensured that Liverpool have overachieved this season.

Even Klopp admitted that Liverpool had luck on their side for this Champions League campaign (the Man City tie springs to mind) and that luck wasn’t there for them in the final, Real Madrid were deserved winners

Zidane

Zidane

Apr 11, 2018
Karius mistakes aside it’s surprising that more attention isn’t being paid to just how poor Liverpool were without Salah. Just like Suarez singlehandedly kept Liverpool punching above their weight Salah has ensured that Liverpool have overachieved this season.

Even Klopp admitted that Liverpool had luck on their side for this Champions League campaign (the Man City tie springs to mind) and that luck wasn’t there for them in the final, Real Madrid were deserved winners
Nobody really mentions it because it wasn't surprising to anybody, the total lack of a plan B has been a criticism of Liverpool the entire time Klopp has been there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)