Cashless Society

Shelby

How far away are we from a place where cash isn’t used?

I always like to have some cash on me, but rarely if ever use it (buying the odd paper from the local shop). Everything else is just paid for by debit card these days, quicker and you don’t have to mess around with change.

Apparently, Sweden is nearly there.

Do you want cash to remain?

Connie

Connie

Cash seems pointless tbh. We will surely be able to pay for everything on a card in the next few years.

Cash seems pointless tbh. We will surely be able to pay for everything on a card in the next few years.
Has it’s uses I think. Can’t have a card everywhere and there’ll always be informal transactions that need cash.

Do you want cash to remain?
Yes. It always feels strange going into a pub and buying a beer or a round with card. Also, little cafes and stuff if we are out for the day and nip in for a brew or something to eat. Much rather just pay cash for stuff like that.

Find it odd when I see anyone paying in cash now. Unless you're paid in cash there's no reason to be carrying round a load of notes.