Latest Community Activity

  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    I can't recommend Address Unknown by Kressman Taylor highly enough. It only takes about an hour to read it but in the current climate...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread The I-Land.
    The bit at the start of episode 2 was the limit for me.
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Surprisingly good fight for Fury last night. Fury looked really lethargic at times but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Great performance by Norwich. Well deserved. City are a nightmare in defence. Otamendi always has an error or two in him. Major blow...
  • Jason
    Jason replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just finished three books in the last week. I think they're the first books I've managed to finish in 6 months. 'Bleeding Hearts' (a...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread EA Access News and Discussions.
    A little over six months after releasing, EA has today announced that BioWare’s Anthem is now available for play through EA Access.
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    VAR has made four mistakes so far during the Premier League season, referees' chief Mike Riley has admitted. The mistakes identified...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    This was very much in keeping with the first film. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious...
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    Really enjoyed the first one. Going on Tuesday to see this.
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Operation Yellowhammer.
    Read the 15 point snapshot in The Times the other week and that was scary enough. This should really put the cat among the pigeons

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1 Viewer)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the next game in the series, and it’s out on October 25.

Activision announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which leaked last week, and confirmed the release date yesterday.

The game is being “reimagined from the ground-up” by Infinity Ward, and thrusts the player into a modern-day conflict.

It promises a unified narrative experience and progression across the single-player story, and it not only features multiplayer, but cooperative gameplay.

“This is an all-new Modern Warfare reimagined in every way,” said Dave Stohl, co-studio head at Infinity Ward. “We are creating an emotionally charged experience that’s inspired by the headlines in the world today, where the rules are grey and battle lines are blurred.

“Players will join a varied cast of international special forces and freedom fighters in gripping and heart-pounding missions through iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East. It’s intense, it’s exciting, and we can’t wait for our fans to play this October.”

It was built using a new engine promising a photo-realistic experience, a new “hybrid tile based streaming system,” new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing on PC, and more.

Pre-orders
  • All digital pre-orders, including the $59.99 standard edition, come with a Prestige Token for use in Black Ops 4.
Operator Edition ($79.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
Operator Enhanced Edition ($99.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
  • 3,000 Call of Duty Points
call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-1.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-2.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-3.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-4.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-5.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-6.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare won’t feature a Season Pass, but it will feature cross-play support between PC and consoles.

According to Infinity Ward’s creative director and co-studio head, Patrick Kelly, every design decision has been made “with players in mind.”

“With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community,” he said in the PR. “First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support.

“Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass.”

In lieu of a Season Pass, Activision will instead deliver “more free maps and content” as well as post-launch events to all players.

More information is promised soon, which more than likely means at E3 2019.

Sony revealed that once again, PS4 players are getting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DLC early.

This detail has been confirmed in all Call of Duty: Modern Warfare media shared on Sony’s official channels, such as YouTube and Twitter. Just like Black Ops 4, this year’s game will also receive post-launch content, all of which will be made available on PS4 seven days early.

Infinity Ward will reveal the multiplayer universe for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on August 1.

The full reveal of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer will be held on August 1 through a Twitch livestream.

During the stream the studio will show how the story in the game will continue online and how unified progression across modes will work.

The game will support cross-play across platforms and removes the traditional season pass. So, expect more free maps, content and community events post-launch.

Earlier today, the first glimpse of the game’s close-quarters duo-based combat mode, 2v2 Gunfight, was shown live on Twitch by multiple Call of Duty streamers.

According to the information provided, 2v2 Gunfight is a four-player mode where two small teams participate in “multi-round cage matches.“ The duo to win six rounds will be declared the winners.

The mode features a series of custom-made, confined maps. All four players have the same loadout which will switch every two rounds. Infinity Ward said a typical loadout is a “Primary weapon, a Secondary weapon, a Tactical Grenade (like a Flashbang), and a piece of Lethal Equipment (like a frag grenade).”

Round last 40 seconds before Overtime kicks in signaling a flag to spawn. The flag will only spawn though if one or both players of each duo are still alive when Overtime starts. At this point, either team has 10 seconds to capture the flag, which has a three second capture time.

During Overtime, the winner is the team which captures the flag or defeats the opposing team. If no one defeats the other team or captures the flag, the duo with the higher health wins. If both sides have the same amount of health, the round is a draw.

Three of the maps included in 2v2 Gunfight were shown today:
  • King: The interior of a warehouse
  • Pine: The exterior of a dense forest
  • Stack: A desert container yard
Check out a clip of the mode from TeePee below.

Activision has officially confirmed that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will not feature any sort of purchasable Season Pass. While Season Passes have been a series and industry staple in recent years, Activision is adopting a different business model. Instead of a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Pass, the game will receive regular free content updates.

Why There Won’t be a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Pass

With more games moving to the “games-as-a-service” model, paid DLC expansions are becoming less common. Instead, companies are shifting towards continuous content updates. While some games are combining this with a Season Pass, some have begun to phase passes out. Instead, the array of free content is used to keep players engaged and incentivise the sale of micro-transactions, etc. It seems that Activision has decided to make use of this model with Modern Warfare.

Of course, the lack of a Season Pass doesn’t mean a reduction in post-launch content. Speaking at the recent multiplayer unveiling event about the lack of a Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season Pass, Design Director Joe Cecot said;

“We just revealed, so it’s a little early to talk post-launch, but we can say that it will be a regular distribution of content. We have a very full post-launch schedule, because we want players to jump into our game and we want to keep them really busy with new content for a long time.”

As such, fans may be able to expect a post-launch schedule more akin to a game like Battlefield 5; i.e. continuous seasons of free content updates, weekly events, and so on, supported through the sale of wholly cosmetic microtransactions. For a game like Call of Duty, Activision is likely to invest a lot of their available resources into providing plenty of new content. Certainly, in both the short- and mid-term, at the very least.

More beta dates have announced for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.
  • PlayStation 4 Exclusive Beta
    September 12 -13 (Early Access, PlayStation 4)
    September 14 – 16 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
  • Beta featuring crossplay testing
    September 19 – 20 (Early Access, PC and Xbox One; Open Beta, PlayStation 4)
    September 21 – 23 (Open Beta, PlayStation 4, PC, Xbox One)
Early access is available for anyone who has preordered the game already but only for them, and Open Beta is for anybody to download and play.