Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the next game in the series, and it’s out on October 25.

Activision announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which leaked last week, and confirmed the release date yesterday.

The game is being “reimagined from the ground-up” by Infinity Ward, and thrusts the player into a modern-day conflict.

It promises a unified narrative experience and progression across the single-player story, and it not only features multiplayer, but cooperative gameplay.

“This is an all-new Modern Warfare reimagined in every way,” said Dave Stohl, co-studio head at Infinity Ward. “We are creating an emotionally charged experience that’s inspired by the headlines in the world today, where the rules are grey and battle lines are blurred.

“Players will join a varied cast of international special forces and freedom fighters in gripping and heart-pounding missions through iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East. It’s intense, it’s exciting, and we can’t wait for our fans to play this October.”

It was built using a new engine promising a photo-realistic experience, a new “hybrid tile based streaming system,” new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing on PC, and more.

Pre-orders
  • All digital pre-orders, including the $59.99 standard edition, come with a Prestige Token for use in Black Ops 4.
Operator Edition ($79.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
Operator Enhanced Edition ($99.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
  • 3,000 Call of Duty Points
call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-1.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-2.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-3.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-4.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-5.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-6.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare won’t feature a Season Pass, but it will feature cross-play support between PC and consoles.

According to Infinity Ward’s creative director and co-studio head, Patrick Kelly, every design decision has been made “with players in mind.”

“With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community,” he said in the PR. “First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support.

“Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass.”

In lieu of a Season Pass, Activision will instead deliver “more free maps and content” as well as post-launch events to all players.

More information is promised soon, which more than likely means at E3 2019.

Sony revealed that once again, PS4 players are getting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DLC early.

This detail has been confirmed in all Call of Duty: Modern Warfare media shared on Sony’s official channels, such as YouTube and Twitter. Just like Black Ops 4, this year’s game will also receive post-launch content, all of which will be made available on PS4 seven days early.

    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    Very dull race today. Slight bit excitement on last lap but not really enough. Norris did well and was so unlucky. Of course, it...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    Geez, this French Grand Prix is like............
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Assassin’s Creed Odyssey (Ubisoft).
    Just pulled the trigger on the season pass. But I can't seem to download the first Episode from Legacy of the Lost Blade. Currently...