Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (1 Viewer)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is the next game in the series, and it’s out on October 25.

Activision announced Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, which leaked last week, and confirmed the release date yesterday.

The game is being “reimagined from the ground-up” by Infinity Ward, and thrusts the player into a modern-day conflict.

It promises a unified narrative experience and progression across the single-player story, and it not only features multiplayer, but cooperative gameplay.

“This is an all-new Modern Warfare reimagined in every way,” said Dave Stohl, co-studio head at Infinity Ward. “We are creating an emotionally charged experience that’s inspired by the headlines in the world today, where the rules are grey and battle lines are blurred.

“Players will join a varied cast of international special forces and freedom fighters in gripping and heart-pounding missions through iconic European cities and volatile expanses of the Middle East. It’s intense, it’s exciting, and we can’t wait for our fans to play this October.”

It was built using a new engine promising a photo-realistic experience, a new “hybrid tile based streaming system,” new PBR decal rendering system, world volumetric lighting, 4K HDR, DirectX Raytracing on PC, and more.

Pre-orders
  • All digital pre-orders, including the $59.99 standard edition, come with a Prestige Token for use in Black Ops 4.
Operator Edition ($79.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
Operator Enhanced Edition ($99.99)
  • Digital Edition Bonus Item
  • Operator Edition Premium Digital Items
  • 3,000 Call of Duty Points
call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-1.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-2.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-3.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-4.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-5.jpg call_of_duty_modern_warfare_reveal-6.jpg

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare won’t feature a Season Pass, but it will feature cross-play support between PC and consoles.

According to Infinity Ward’s creative director and co-studio head, Patrick Kelly, every design decision has been made “with players in mind.”

“With the launch of Modern Warfare, we’re taking steps to unite the community,” he said in the PR. “First, we plan for Modern Warfare to be played together across PC and console through cross-play support.

“Second, we’re eliminating the traditional season pass.”

In lieu of a Season Pass, Activision will instead deliver “more free maps and content” as well as post-launch events to all players.

More information is promised soon, which more than likely means at E3 2019.

Sony revealed that once again, PS4 players are getting Call of Duty: Modern Warfare DLC early.

This detail has been confirmed in all Call of Duty: Modern Warfare media shared on Sony’s official channels, such as YouTube and Twitter. Just like Black Ops 4, this year’s game will also receive post-launch content, all of which will be made available on PS4 seven days early.

Infinity Ward will reveal the multiplayer universe for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on August 1.

The full reveal of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare multiplayer will be held on August 1 through a Twitch livestream.

During the stream the studio will show how the story in the game will continue online and how unified progression across modes will work.

The game will support cross-play across platforms and removes the traditional season pass. So, expect more free maps, content and community events post-launch.

Earlier today, the first glimpse of the game’s close-quarters duo-based combat mode, 2v2 Gunfight, was shown live on Twitch by multiple Call of Duty streamers.

According to the information provided, 2v2 Gunfight is a four-player mode where two small teams participate in “multi-round cage matches.“ The duo to win six rounds will be declared the winners.

The mode features a series of custom-made, confined maps. All four players have the same loadout which will switch every two rounds. Infinity Ward said a typical loadout is a “Primary weapon, a Secondary weapon, a Tactical Grenade (like a Flashbang), and a piece of Lethal Equipment (like a frag grenade).”

Round last 40 seconds before Overtime kicks in signaling a flag to spawn. The flag will only spawn though if one or both players of each duo are still alive when Overtime starts. At this point, either team has 10 seconds to capture the flag, which has a three second capture time.

During Overtime, the winner is the team which captures the flag or defeats the opposing team. If no one defeats the other team or captures the flag, the duo with the higher health wins. If both sides have the same amount of health, the round is a draw.

Three of the maps included in 2v2 Gunfight were shown today:
  • King: The interior of a warehouse
  • Pine: The exterior of a dense forest
  • Stack: A desert container yard
Check out a clip of the mode from TeePee below.

    I think Trippier could do well in Spain. He has very good technique his lack of pace lets him down. He had a very poor season last year...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Google Stadia.
    Google has clarified a few points regarding the launch and features of Stadia. In a Reddit AMA hosted by Stadia director of product...
  • Bandit
    Bandit posted the thread Marvel's Avengers (Square Enix) in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Releasing on Xbox One, PS4, Stadia and PC on May 15th, 2020
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Formula 1 2019: Discussion Thread.
    The ground effect cars will cost millions to develop and have absolutely no real world application either. It is a step in the right...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Tripper seems so much younger than he actually is at 28/29 in September Had a poor season last year, £20million is great business from...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    No idea how Hill got away without a suspension. They have him on tape threatening his girlfriend like. Insane.
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill will not be suspended by the NFL after an investigation into alleged child abuse.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Adventure Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..
    Agents of Shield season 7 will be its final season.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    The second season of Netflix’s “Mindhunter” is headed our way on August 16th, and the streaming service has today provided us with our...
    • mindhunter-2.jpg
    • mindhunter-4.jpg
    • mindhunter-5.jpg
    • mindhunter-6.jpg
    • mindhunter-13.jpg
    • mindhunter-16.jpg
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Mindhunter in ON THE BOX.
    Title: Mindhunter Genre: Drama, Crime Creator: Joe Penhall First aired: 2017-10-13 Overview: An agent in the FBI's Elite...
    • r7RIwuceOaDP4KTmU1EFeDniRq4.jpg