Staff member

Cherub

Birmingham
Preparation Time
10 mins
Cooking Time
50 mins
Calories per serving
271
Category
Soup
Ingredients

1 reduced-salt vegetable stock cube
500g butternut squash
300g sweet potato
3 red peppers
1 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp sun-dried tomato puree
2 tbsp toasted seed mix

Method
  1. In a large jug, make up 1.2 litres vegetable stock using the stock cube.
  2. Peel the butternut squash and sweet potato and cut into chunks. Deseed the peppers and roughly chop. Set aside.
  3. Heat the oil in a large pan and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until soft. Stir in the butternut squash, sweet potato, peppers and sun-dried tomato puree. Cook for 10 minutes, until the veg begins to colour.
  4. Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover with a lid and cook over a medium heat for 30 minutes, until the veg is soft.
  5. Pour the soup into a food processor (in batches) and blend until smooth. Divide between 4 bowls and garnish with a sprinkle of toasted seeds to serve.
letterbox_Butternut-squash-and-red-pepper-soup593.jpg

Love this. Butternut squash and red pepper is one of my favourite soups. Will definitely try this :)