Science Fiction Bumblebee (2018)

  • Created By Thread starter David76

Title: Bumblebee (2018)

Tagline: Every Adventure Has A Beginning

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Travis Knight

Cast: Hailee Steinfeld, Jorge Lendeborg Jr., John Cena, Jason Ian Drucker, Abby Quinn, Rachel Crow, Ricardo Hoyos, Gracie Dzienny, Kenneth Choi, Pamela Adlon, Stephen Schneider, Megyn Price, Peter Cullen, Jess Harnell, Glynn Turman, Vanessa Ross, John Ortiz, Len Cariou

Release: 2018-12-20

Plot: On the run in the year 1987, Bumblebee finds refuge in a junkyard in a small Californian beach town. Charlie, on the cusp of turning 18 and trying to find her place in the world, discovers Bumblebee, battle-scarred and broken. When Charlie revives him, she quickly learns this is no ordinary yellow VW bug.

These trailers constantly get me.

The scenes of other transformers leave no doubt they're going for a more faithful recreation of the robots; presumably, fans are happy based on what they've seen so far.

Cherub
Staff member

Cherub

Its got an Iron Giant look and feel about it

Looks like it might be a good one; the story seems very familiar - Herbie meets Pete's Dragon - but told with enough panache and that won't matter.

Saw it last night. The first 20 minutes alone are probably better than all 4 previous films.

Really feels like a movie of the cartoon, the fights are clear and easy to see what's happening. I love the way they change form during the fights too.

Great 80s feel, well judged comedy, the impact of the humans is slight in this one.

Way way way more enjoyable than a Transformers movie has a right to be. Perfect post-Christmas movie.

Slenderman
Staff member

Slenderman

A brilliant and really enjoyable movie. My wife and I loved it, the kids loved it. Got a lump in my throat with the scene at the end and the appetite for an Optimus Prime movie is well and truly whetted!

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Would love to see this as a reboot of the entire franchise. Start from here and go again.

A brilliant and really enjoyable movie. My wife and I loved it, the kids loved it. Got a lump in my throat with the scene at the end and the appetite for an Optimus Prime movie is well and truly whetted!
Agreed. I wasn't expecting much but loved it.