BT Sport Lose Serie A Rights (1 Viewer)

BT Sport have suffered a huge blow after losing the rights to broadcast Serie A football following Cristiano Ronaldo's blockbuster transfer from Real Madrid to Juventus.

Ambitious new kids on the block Eleven Sports, spearheaded by Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani, have acquired the rights to show Italian top flight football.

It is unclear how they plan to show matches in the UK, but Eleven Sports have already launched a digital subscription service in some other European countries.

They have already acquired rights to show La Liga matches in the UK from the 2019-20 season and the addition of Serie A to their portfolio is a huge coup.

It is a big setback for BT, reducing the amount of top-level content on their channels as they bid to attain more subscribers to rival Sky Sports.

Portuguese superstar Ronaldo sealed a £99million switch to Turin in one of the biggest transfers in history after winning three successive European Cups with Los Blancos.

And Eleven Sports have moved to capitalise on interest in watching the former Manchester United man in action for his new club.

    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    In the Championship, Huddersfield Town have sacked boss Jan Siewert, who led the Terriers to just one win in his seven months in charge...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Incredible goal! Not just the finish but the 1-2 on the wing and the cross in. Aduriz had only been on the pitch for 60 seconds. He's...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread Need for Speed: Heat.
    It does look stunning in fairness, and I find it looks even better when you play it as videos don't do it justice. I really want this to...