Latest Community Activity

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Baltimore @ Buffalo will be interesting this week but hard to see past Ravens in their current form. 49ers @ Saints has potential to be...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Ready or Not (2019).
    I caught this last night and it was enjoyable fun, anchored in a good performance from Samara Weaving. I was pleasantly surprised at the...
  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Leicester have signed Brendan Rodgers to a new 3 and a half year deal. Nigel Pearson has been appointed Watford manager until the end...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Recommend Podcasts.
    Dan Carlin's Hardcore History is great, very in-depth but fascinating. https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/ Or maybe...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Recommend Podcasts.
    If you like Casefile then True Crime Garage or My Favourite Murder are also good listens. https://truecrimegarage.com/...

Blinded by the Light (2019)

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Blinded by the Light (2019)

Tagline: For anyone who has ever wanted to dream. You're not alone.

Genre: Drama, Comedy, Music

Director: Gurinder Chadha

Cast: Viveik Kalra, Nell Williams, Hayley Atwell, Kulvinder Ghir, Aaron Phagura, Dean-Charles Chapman, Meera Ganatra, Nikita Mehta, Tara Divina, Rob Brydon, Frankie Fox, Sally Phillips, Sofia Abbasi, Asheq Akhtar, Vincent Andriano, David Hayman, Lorraine Ashbourne, Marcus Brigstocke, Olivia Poulet, Jeff Mirza

Release: 2019-08-09

Runtime: 114

Plot: In 1987, during the austere days of Thatcher’s Britain, a teenager learns to live life, understand his family, and find his own voice through the music of Bruce Springsteen.

Biscuit

Biscuit

I first saw the trailer at the cinema last week. The film looks good.

Janey

Janey

I saw it last night, it was good. A bit cheesy in parts but still very enjoyable.

Connie

Connie

I loved it. Went with my Bruce obsessive dad, and god it was like seeing his story told through a British Pakistani boy’s life! I think it would definitely help to be a Bruce fan going to see it, but it has so much joy in it. Pure cheese at times but such a sweet film.

I feel like there’ll be a stage musical made yet!

Staff member Staff member Staff member
Apparently it was a book first? And Springsteen read it and loved it?

He gave the guy his full support and let the songs be used for it. I can only imagine what that must have been like for him. He’s been to see Bruce live 150 times

This could be huge in the states with the right push I reckon.