Fantasy Black Panther (2018)

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Title: Black Panther (2018)

Tagline: Long live the king

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: Chadwick Boseman, Michael B. Jordan, Lupita Nyong'o, Danai Gurira, Martin Freeman, Daniel Kaluuya, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett, Forest Whitaker, Andy Serkis, John Kani, Sterling K. Brown, Ashton Tyler, Seth Carr, Denzel Whitaker, Atandwa Kani, Florence Kasumba, Isaach De Bankolé, Connie Chiume, Dorothy Steel, Danny Sapani, Sydelle Noel, Marija Abney, Janeshia Adams-Ginyard, Maria Hippolyte, Marie Mouroum, Jénel Stevens, Zola Williams, Christine Hollingsworth, Shaunette Renée Wilson, Nabiyah Be, Stan Lee, Sebastian Stan, Bambadjan Bamba, Raven Wynn, Jeremy Sample, Sope Aluko, Elizabeth Elkins, Michael David Yuhl, Alexis Rhee, Amechi Okocha, Jamel Chambers, Tony Sears, Tahseen Ghauri, Francesca Faridany, Roland Kilumbu, Timothy Carr, Apollo GT, Danny Chung, James Siderits, David S. Lee, Travis Love, Mark Ashworth, Lidya Jewett, Shad Gaspard, Alona Leoine, Kinley Fleurejuste, Michael R. Ciminna, Ofu Obekpa, John Y Lee, Byron Coolie, William Walker, Joseph Akharoh Jr., Stanley Aughtry, Raenen Golez, Leo De Rivera, Tari Omoro, Tevin Beech, Andrea Antonio Canal, David Dunston, Emelita T. Gonzalez, Josue Louis-Charles, Isaac Phillips, William Cowboy Reed, Alex Hibbert, Lucy Hockings

Release: 2018-02-13

Runtime: 134

Plot: King T'Challa returns home from America to the reclusive, technologically advanced African nation of Wakanda to serve as his country's new leader. However, T'Challa soon finds that he is challenged for the throne by factions within his own country as well as without. Using powers reserved to Wakandan kings, T'Challa assumes the Black Panther mantel to join with girlfriend Nakia, the queen-mother, his princess-kid sister, members of the Dora Milaje (the Wakandan "special forces"), and an American secret agent, to prevent Wakanda from being dragged into a world war.

Staff member Staff member Staff member

It was a pretty entertaining film but I thought it was a bit bland and a lot of cliches.

Some convenient (lazy) plotting as well.

While the film is culturally important I don't think the actual content of the film did it justice.

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

He was sort of a B list character in the comics so I think what they did with the film was good if not a tad cliche.