Drama Billions

Title: Billions

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2016-01-17

Creator: Brian Koppelman, David Levien, Andrew Ross Sorkin

Cast: Paul Giamatti, Damian Lewis, Maggie Siff, Toby Leonard Moore, David Costabile, Condola Rashad, Kelly AuCoin

Overview: A complex drama about power politics in the world of New York high finance. Shrewd, savvy U.S. Attorney Chuck Rhoades and the brilliant, ambitious hedge fund king Bobby "Axe" Axelrod are on an explosive collision course, with each using all of his considerable smarts, power and influence to outmaneuver the other. The stakes are in the billions in this timely, provocative series.

Talia
Staff member

Talia

Jun 11, 2018
Anyone watch this?

Season 3 just finished. Great action packed finale!!

Where do things go from here though?? I can't wait for next season already!

CaptainObvious
Staff member

CaptainObvious

Have to say I don't like John Malkovich in it. It's not the character I don't like - I think Malkovich is doing a bad job acting as opposed to him been a good actor in other films. I don't think the role suits him and they possibly should have went for an unknown actor.

You'd love it Tom. I'm surprised Eily hasn't watched it?
Nah she's not. I know I'd enjoy it, I'm a huge fan of both Paul Giamatti and Damian Lewis.

FiFi
Staff member

FiFi

Watched the final episode last night, really enjoyable.

But I have a question re: Chuck walking in to see all his enemies in his office.

Shortly before, we saw Sacker and Brian in a bar discussing Chuck, and Brian was saying he was going to nail him, and we saw Sacker saying he had got it wrong and Chuck was going after the General......so surely if they were in on the double cross, this conversation wouldn't have happened?

Anyone watch this?
Brilliant TV, I love the turnarounds.

But I have a question re: Chuck walking in to see all his enemies in his office.
I just assumed Jock got to them after this conversation to offer them new positions in return for catching Chuck. Maybe I'm wrong but it could have been explained better maybe

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)