Latest Posts

New Threads

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Belgian Sheldon? (1 Viewer)

• Created By Thread starter David76
  • ( Start date , 2 Replies)

David76
Staff member

David76

Today, 01:46
Apr 7, 2018
A Belgian boy has graduated secondary school aged eight after completing six years' study in just a year and a half.
This sort of shit shouldn't be allowed. Children should be able to have a childhood without adults interfering as eight is not an appropriate age to enter university even if you are intellectually equipped to do so.

Laurent Simons, whose father is Belgian and mother Dutch, and has an IQ of 145 according to his parents, collected a diploma with a class of 18-year-olds.

Speaking to Belgium's RTBF radio, Laurent said his favourite subject was maths "because it's so vast, there's statistics, geometry, algebra".

After a two-month holiday from school, he will start university.

His father said his son had struggled when he was younger to play with other children, and had not been particularly interested in toys.

Laurent said he had considered becoming a surgeon and an astronaut but was now thinking about going into computers.

"If he decided tomorrow to become a carpenter, that would not be a problem for us, as long as he is happy," his father said.

Gromit
Staff member

Gromit

Jun 26, 2018
That's my opinion as well. I can see why someone very, very intelligent might move forward two or three years but this is just weird. He'll graduate at 11 or 12 (not sure of the Belgian system) then what? He'll have no life experience.

SteveO
Staff member

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
I agree although I suspect that no amount of life experience will prevent him from being a social outcast.

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)