Belgian Sheldon? (1 Viewer)

  • Created By Thread starter David76

A Belgian boy has graduated secondary school aged eight after completing six years' study in just a year and a half.
This sort of shit shouldn't be allowed. Children should be able to have a childhood without adults interfering as eight is not an appropriate age to enter university even if you are intellectually equipped to do so.

Laurent Simons, whose father is Belgian and mother Dutch, and has an IQ of 145 according to his parents, collected a diploma with a class of 18-year-olds.

Speaking to Belgium's RTBF radio, Laurent said his favourite subject was maths "because it's so vast, there's statistics, geometry, algebra".

After a two-month holiday from school, he will start university.

His father said his son had struggled when he was younger to play with other children, and had not been particularly interested in toys.

Laurent said he had considered becoming a surgeon and an astronaut but was now thinking about going into computers.

"If he decided tomorrow to become a carpenter, that would not be a problem for us, as long as he is happy," his father said.

  • Like
Reactions: Gromit
Gromit

Gromit

That's my opinion as well. I can see why someone very, very intelligent might move forward two or three years but this is just weird. He'll graduate at 11 or 12 (not sure of the Belgian system) then what? He'll have no life experience.

I agree although I suspect that no amount of life experience will prevent him from being a social outcast.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM