Latest Community Activity

  • Jess
    Jess replied to the thread Knives Out (2019).
    I loved every minute of this. One of the most entertaining films in 2019.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Dead Cells (Motion Twin).
    Motion Twin and Evil Empire have announced that additional content will continue to come out for Dead Cells in 2020, starting with a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread No Man's Sky.
    No Man’s Sky update version 2.23 is available to download now for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Here are the patch notes for this update...
  • David76
    David76 reacted to Zidane's post in the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    Hull relegated Watford in relegation form when sacked. Everton bottom 3 If he gets another Premier League job its a joke.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Everton have announced that Duncan Ferguson will take temporary charge of the first-team and manage the Blues for their clash against...

Ballon d'Or 2019 (1 Viewer)

Biscuit

Biscuit

Barcelona forward Lionel Messi has won the Ballon d'Or award for the world's best player for a record sixth time.

It is the 32-year-old Argentine's first Ballon d'Or since 2015 and comes after he scored 54 times for club and country in 2018-19, in which Barca won La Liga.

Virgil van Dijk was second - one of four Liverpool players in the top seven, including Sadio Mane in fourth.

Juventus and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, who has won the award five times, was third in the voting.

England defender Lucy Bronze was beaten to the women's award, finishing second behind Megan Rapinoe, who was Golden Ball winner as USA claimed a second successive World Cup in 2019.

The Top 20

1. Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina)
2. Virgil van Dijk (Liverpool and Netherlands)
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus and Portugal)
4. Sadio Mane (Liverpool and Senegal)
5. Mohamed Salah (Liverpool and Egypt)
6. Kylian Mbappe (Paris St-Germain and France)
7. Alisson (Liverpool and Brazil)
8. Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich and Poland)
9. Bernardo Silva (Manchester City and Portugal)
10. Riyad Mahrez (Manchester City and Algeria)
11. Frenkie de Jong (Barcelona and Netherlands)
12. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City and England)
13. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid and Belgium)
14. Kevin de Bruyne (Manchester City and Belgium)
15. Matthijs de Ligt (Juventus and Netherlands)
16. Sergio Aguero (Manchester City and Argentina)
17. Roberto Firmino (Liverpool and Brazil)
18. Antoine Griezmann (Barcelona and France)
19. Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool and England)
20= Dusan Tadic (Ajax and Serbia)
20= Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal and Gabon)

  • Like
Reactions: Sad Professor

NO qualms with Messi winning, he had an exceptional season in terms of goalscoring and assists. Once again he carried Barcelona to La Liga and any time he was missing from the team it became evident just how much Barcelona rely on him.

Virgil van Dijk had an exceptional season too and there was a strong case for him winning too.

Surprised Salah was so high up on the list, he scored goals but didn't do a whole lot more. Didn't expect Riyad Mahrez or Bernado Silva to be in the top 10 either.

Surprised Salah was so high up on the list, he scored goals but didn't do a whole lot more.
Sane is a better player than Salah. Any time I watch Liverpool I always feel that MO Salah is too greedy and will take on near impossible attempts when a pass to a teammate could well yield a goal.

What Messi and Ronaldo have done for years in terms of goals is absolutely ridiculous. It’s almost become normal and as a result, they perhaps don’t get the credit they deserve.

Messi managed 36 goals in 34 La Liga games and 12 in 10 in the champions league last season. He also had the most assists in La Liga. The lads a genius.

Virgil van Dijk had an exceptional season too and there was a strong case for him winning too.
If I had to choose between the Messi and van Dijk in 2019, I'd probably put Messi ahead. But if you go by the 2018/19 season, van Dijk was definitely the better one in my opinion