Latest Community Activity

  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    I can't recommend Address Unknown by Kressman Taylor highly enough. It only takes about an hour to read it but in the current climate...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread The I-Land.
    The bit at the start of episode 2 was the limit for me.
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Surprisingly good fight for Fury last night. Fury looked really lethargic at times but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Great performance by Norwich. Well deserved. City are a nightmare in defence. Otamendi always has an error or two in him. Major blow...
  • Jason
    Jason replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just finished three books in the last week. I think they're the first books I've managed to finish in 6 months. 'Bleeding Hearts' (a...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread EA Access News and Discussions.
    A little over six months after releasing, EA has today announced that BioWare’s Anthem is now available for play through EA Access.
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    VAR has made four mistakes so far during the Premier League season, referees' chief Mike Riley has admitted. The mistakes identified...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    This was very much in keeping with the first film. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious...
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    Really enjoyed the first one. Going on Tuesday to see this.
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Operation Yellowhammer.
    Read the 15 point snapshot in The Times the other week and that was scary enough. This should really put the cat among the pigeons

Fantasy Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Avengers: Infinity War

Tagline: An entire universe. Once and for all.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pratt, Josh Brolin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Peter Dinklage, Benedict Wong, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, Benicio del Toro, Paul Rudd, Jeremy Renner, Tessa Thompson, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Florence Kasumba, Angela Bassett, Cobie Smulders, Jon Favreau, Linda Cardellini, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Callan Mulvey, Kerry Condon, Jacob Batalon, Tiffany Espensen, Isabella Amara, Ethan Dizon, Sean Gunn, Terry Notary, Jack Butler

Release: 2018-04-25

Runtime: 156

Plot: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. For a couple of years Marvel were talking about Infinity War being split into two movies titled Infinity War Part 1&2. Now they are talking about one film called Infinity War being released this year and another movie, currently titled Avengers 4, due next year.

Am I correct in thinking that these are still two movies making one story? So they have changed the titles but you will still need to see both films to get the complete story

Anyway, here's the IMAX Poster for the film.

Infinity War will be the first film to be shown in 4DX in Cineworld. Using high-tech motion seats, special effects "to stimulate all five senses", including wind, fog, lightning, bubbles, water, snow and scents, 4DX is used for both 2D and 3D films.

4DX is something that Marvel is actively pursuing, James Gunn has sung its praises a number of times in the past.

Infinity War will be the first film to be shown in 4DX in Cineworld. Using high-tech motion seats, special effects "to stimulate all five senses", including wind, fog, lightning, bubbles, water, snow and scents, 4DX is used for both 2D and 3D films.
4DX is something that Marvel is actively pursuing, James Gunn has sung its praises a number of times in the past.
I'm just cynical about these kinds of gimmicks. It's taken a while but the 3D fad is starting to die off.

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins, would set him apart from the weak villains they've faced before.

Not holding out hope for it though.

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins, would set him apart from the weak villains they've faced before.
I thought it was generally agreed a death was happening almost immediately?

Trying very hard to avoid reviews and spoilers for this but also trying to take note of ratings/scores - most I've seen so far give it a solid 4/5 or equivalent.

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins
I thought it was generally agreed a death was happening almost immediately?
My own prediction is that

Black Widow and Loki will die early on

Seen this last night. People say Marvel don't do good villains. I actually think the last 3 have been decent but all opinions will change after viewing this film.

It has a much darker tone than any previous MCU film.

Did not see that ending coming to be honest and it felt like nobody else in the cinema saw it coming either.

Went to see it tonight too with Eily. Loved it.

I thought Thanos was brilliantly handled in every way. A proper, three dimensional villain who has proper internal conflict.

I wondered how The Guardians especially would slot into this given the almost constant humour they bring. It worked brilliantly. Mantis especially was great in the background of most scenes.