Fantasy Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Title: Avengers: Infinity War

Tagline: An entire universe. Once and for all.

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action

Director: Joe Russo, Anthony Russo

Cast: Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Chris Pratt, Josh Brolin, Benedict Cumberbatch, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, Elizabeth Olsen, Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Peter Dinklage, Benedict Wong, Pom Klementieff, Karen Gillan, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Gwyneth Paltrow, Benicio del Toro, Paul Rudd, Jeremy Renner, Tessa Thompson, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Florence Kasumba, Angela Bassett, Cobie Smulders, Jon Favreau, Linda Cardellini, Tom Vaughan-Lawlor, Callan Mulvey, Kerry Condon, Jacob Batalon, Tiffany Espensen, Isabella Amara, Ethan Dizon, Sean Gunn, Terry Notary, Jack Butler

Release: 2018-04-25

Runtime: 156

Plot: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment - the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question. For a couple of years Marvel were talking about Infinity War being split into two movies titled Infinity War Part 1&2. Now they are talking about one film called Infinity War being released this year and another movie, currently titled Avengers 4, due next year.

Am I correct in thinking that these are still two movies making one story? So they have changed the titles but you will still need to see both films to get the complete story

Anyway, here's the IMAX Poster for the film.

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fscontent.fdub4-1.fna.fbcdn.net%2Fv%2Ft1.0-9%2F29790017_744996455888676_5340322753427800064_n.jpg%3F_nc_cat%3D0%26oh%3D4ffcb507d7c0a38d4d447912d6fc0431%26oe%3D5B64071E&hash=a0508e725a7a5313d5754998bffe0df4

Gemma
Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member

Infinity War will be the first film to be shown in 4DX in Cineworld. Using high-tech motion seats, special effects "to stimulate all five senses", including wind, fog, lightning, bubbles, water, snow and scents, 4DX is used for both 2D and 3D films.

4DX is something that Marvel is actively pursuing, James Gunn has sung its praises a number of times in the past.

Infinity War will be the first film to be shown in 4DX in Cineworld. Using high-tech motion seats, special effects "to stimulate all five senses", including wind, fog, lightning, bubbles, water, snow and scents, 4DX is used for both 2D and 3D films.
4DX is something that Marvel is actively pursuing, James Gunn has sung its praises a number of times in the past.
I'm just cynical about these kinds of gimmicks. It's taken a while but the 3D fad is starting to die off.

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins, would set him apart from the weak villains they've faced before.

Not holding out hope for it though.

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins, would set him apart from the weak villains they've faced before.
I thought it was generally agreed a death was happening almost immediately?

Trying very hard to avoid reviews and spoilers for this but also trying to take note of ratings/scores - most I've seen so far give it a solid 4/5 or equivalent.

I'd love if Thanos turned up and killed a big character in the first 15-20mins
I thought it was generally agreed a death was happening almost immediately?
My own prediction is that

Black Widow and Loki will die early on

Seen this last night. People say Marvel don't do good villains. I actually think the last 3 have been decent but all opinions will change after viewing this film.

It has a much darker tone than any previous MCU film.

Did not see that ending coming to be honest and it felt like nobody else in the cinema saw it coming either.

Went to see it tonight too with Eily. Loved it.

I thought Thanos was brilliantly handled in every way. A proper, three dimensional villain who has proper internal conflict.

I wondered how The Guardians especially would slot into this given the almost constant humour they bring. It worked brilliantly. Mantis especially was great in the background of most scenes.