Audiobook Recommendations

I’m looking for audiobook recommendations.

I’m currently listening to the “A Higher Loyalty “ which is also narrated by James Comey.

Any other audiobooks with quality narration?

It all depends on what you're in to. I'm currently getting through The Red Sparrow trilogy.

I get my books from https://www.audible.co.uk/

  • Like
Reactions: Aimie

Thanks Gemma, I'll have a look.

Dark Tower series. The narrator changes due to one passing away but it's still brilliant.

I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan - Narrated by him, Partridge.

  • Like
Reactions: The Kat
The Kat

The Kat

I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan - Narrated by him, Partridge.
Possibly the best audiobook I have listened to.

Born A Crime by Trevor Noah. It's a great book anyway but his narration makes it.

I listened to "The Outsider" by Stephen King while I was away at the weekend. It is narrated by actor Will Patton. It is a very good listen.

Emma

Emma

Listening to the audiobook of 'The Blade Artist' by Irvine Welsh - about Begbie now 'reformed' and living in California but has to return to Edinburgh for a family funeral - excellent listen.

Been a member for years and find it great. I walk a couple of miles to work (or I did till recently) and would put a book on during the walk. The last one I listened to was “Existentialism and Excess” about the life of Jean-Paul Sartre. Absolutely fantastic book.

Little tip. I cancel it every now and again and they always (or did with me) offer me a three month half price plan.

  • Birdman
    Birdman replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Astronomical fee. Either he'll eventually break Neymar's transfer fee or be a massive bust Wenger was doing an amazing job working with...
    David Ornstein at the BBC says Zaha wants out of Palace and to join Arsenal for £80m. He then says that Arsenal has £45m to spend, have...
  • Major Tom
    Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have issued a joint statement the 25% tariff proposed by the Trump administration against Chinese goods...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019).
    It really was terrible, I don't think anyone in it wanted to be there, they all just phoned it in.
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Biscuit's post in the thread Fantasy Dark Phoenix (2019) with Agree Agree.
    I thought it was terrible. Jennifer Lawrence, every time she was on screen had a sulk on and you could tell she had no interest in being...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Nobody is spending that on Zaha, maybe Arsenal would buy him for half that. Totally priced out of a move. Dortmund were linked with him...
    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 01 July 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Rafa Benitez Leaving Newcastle.
    Not sure that he knew too much about the decision according to some reports
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    Even with the move to Vegas next year there was just too much happening with the Raiders this year to pass on them. It’s going to be...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread with Like Like.
    This is gonna be the best Hard Knocks in years