Action Atomic Blonde (2017)

Welcome to our online community. Feel free to sign up today. Everyone is welcome here.
Join The Conversation

Latest Posts New Threads

Title: Atomic Blonde (2017)

Tagline: Talents can be overrated.

Genre: Action, Mystery, Thriller

Director: David Leitch

Cast: Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, Sofia Boutella, Eddie Marsan, Toby Jones, John Goodman, Til Schweiger, Bill Skarsgård, James Faulkner, Roland Møller, Sam Hargrave, Jóhannes Haukur Jóhannesson, Lili Gesler, Sara Natasa Szonda, Cale Schultz, Barbara Sukowa, Attila Árpa, Martin Angerbauer, Declan Hannigan, Balázs Lengyel, Daniel Hargrave, Greg Rementer, Daniel Bernhardt

Release: 2017-07-26

Runtime: 115

Plot: An undercover MI6 agent is sent to Berlin during the Cold War to investigate the murder of a fellow agent and recover a missing list of double agents.

Seen it Friday night. The tone is a bit all over the place, and there is more emphasis on style over substance, although that's not to say it's devoid of substance and the style looks amazing. I know it has source material but would have much preferred it to end with the initial twist rather than the second twist. I look forward to watching it again at some stage as I think it will benefit from knowing how it plays out.

Charlize Theron has also just confirmed ‘Atomic Blonde 2’ is in the works.

The stairwell fight was awesome, the fight with the hose was also cool. Theron was very "John Wick" in parts. The plot was all over the place though, hopefully, the sequel will make more sense.

Boozy
Staff member Staff member Staff member

I thought it was pretty good but very different than I was expecting, a hell of a lot more complicated than the likes of John Wick which I'd heard this compared to and nowhere near as fast paced as trailers might have you believe.