Action Aquaman (2018)

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Aquaman (2018)

Tagline: Home Is Calling

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Science Fiction

Director: James Wan

Cast: Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Patrick Wilson, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Nicole Kidman, Willem Dafoe, Temuera Morrison, Dolph Lundgren, Randall Park, Ludi Lin, Graham McTavish, Michael Beach, Patrick Cox, Otis Dhanji, Kaan Guldur, Connor Zegenhagen, Winnie Mzembe, Gabriella Petkova, Braden Lewis, Vincent B. Gorce, Jon Quested, Sasha Dulics, Rhianna Palmer, Natalia Safran, Djimon Hounsou

Release: 2018-12-19

Plot: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.

I liked Aquaman in the Batman movie. But this looks like absolute muck - people riding sharks into battle!!!

I'm actually annoyed over that!!!!

The CGI war bit looks rubbish but the more low key moments actually look decent

I like Jason Momoa but that looks awful.

I had low expectations, or interest, before watching the trailer, and they remain low. Maybe even a little lower in fact.

Just looks like generic garbage tbh. A warmed-up mish mash of Thor & Game of Thrones, with the same shitty CGI the DC movies continue to demonstrate.

Jason

Jason

It looks terrible - not that I had particularly high hopes prior to this either. I hope I'm proved wrong and it gets a great response once it's released, but I won't be buying a ticket based on that trailer.

I like Jason Momoa but that looks awful.

I had low expectations, or interest, before watching the trailer, and they remain low. Maybe even a little lower in fact.

Just looks like generic garbage tbh. A warmed-up mish mash of Thor & Game of Thrones, with the same shitty CGI the DC movies continue to demonstrate.
What did you see that made you think it was a rip off of Thor and GoT? If it's the brothers at war/reluctant King story, that is straight from the comics. Overdone in general yes, but if something is being true to its source I do feel it's harsh to dismiss it in the way you are doing.

CGI looked fine to me. James Wan knows what he's doing in that regard.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM