WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Andres Iniesta Leaving Barcelona (1 Viewer)

Bandit

Bandit

Staff member Staff member
Andres Iniesta is to leave Barcelona at end of season.

The Spain midfielder, 33, has made 669 appearances in 16 seasons, winning 31 trophies with Barca and three major tournaments for Spain.

Iniesta, who has been linked to a move to the Chinese Super League, has not said where he will play next season.

"I said I would never play against Barca so it is not going to be in Europe," he said.

"We will know at the end of the season - there are still things to talk about."

Iniesta has won the 2010 World Cup, Euro 2008 and Euro 2012 with Spain, as well as four Champions Leagues and eight La Liga titles - soon set to become nine - with Barcelona.

"It is a difficult day for me to be here saying goodbye when I've spent my whole life here," he said in an emotional news conference watched by his family, team-mates and manager Ernesto Valverde.

Fighting back tears, he added: "A great deal of who I am, is down to Barca and La Masia - I am very thankful to them.

"I spoke to a lot of people - players, coaches - and I know what they want, but I tried to be honest with myself and the club."

Not a bad trophy haul that like!

Magnificent professional. Made a massive contribution to both his club and country. Will be missed across Europe irrespective of which team you follow, as a football fan you have to admire Andres Iniesta.

Reactions: Dylan and Major Tom
Major Tom

Major Tom

Staff member Staff member Staff member Staff member
One of the best players of his generation. Won pretty much everything there is to win and arguably should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.

Reactions: Dylan
Dylan

Dylan

Supreme footballer. Anyone who doesn't agree doesn't know football. Along with Xavi Hernandez he formed the best midfield partnership you'll probably ever see at club or international level.

Won pretty much everything there is to win and arguably should have won the Ballon D'or in 2010.
France Football who organised the Ballon d'Or apologised for him not having won it in 2010.

Boozy

Boozy

An absolute master. One of the greatest midfielders of not only his own generation but of all time. Without him, Barca couldn't have gone on to do what they have done in the last 10 years. Never forget his performance in 2009 CL final. No Man United player close to him. Unbelievable footballer.

Laifot

Laifot

Staff member
He was the best central midfielder i've ever seen. He was not only great passing the ball but also was a great shooter. He complemented Xavi who is the best 6 of the 00s and 10s.

He was very upset for not winning the golden ball but you know how press works. Argentinians have a lot of influence between them.

I'm not a big Barça fan but that 2009 squad will be hardly forgotten.

Reactions: Sad Professor
Sad Professor

Sad Professor

Staff member
Such a sad moment to see Iniesta finish up at Barcelona.

What an incredible player. Unbelievable midfielder and been a pleasure to watch over the last 10 years. Won everything there is to win and has the winning goal in a World Cup final too.

Reactions: Laifot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Community Activity

• Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
  • Zidane
    I bought this game on release and can't get into it. I've barely scratched the surface of it. Does anybody think its a bit overrated?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Goal of the season already!?
  • Zidane
    Zidane replied to the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79.
    79. Decent innings. Race With The Devil is one of my guilty pleasures. RIP
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Coutinho off on loan to Bayern Munich apparently. You'd think that would kill off any talk of Neymar returning to Barcelona?
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Podcast Apps For Android Devices.
    Pocket Casts and Player FM
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Talk Football - General Football Chat.
    Great goal. I've always liked Aduriz. He may be 38 and slow but he knows where the goal is. Barcelona were poor last night, they may...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor posted the thread Peter Fonda dead at 79 in MOVIES & TV SHOW CHAT.
    There are actors that epitomise a certain era, that have a type of "cool" presence, Fonda was absolutely one of those. Sad news.