Documentary An American Murder Mystery: The Staircase

Title: An American Murder Mystery: The Staircase

Genre: Documentary

First aired: 2018-04-08

Overview: Novelist Michael Peterson and his wife Kathleen are the toast of Durham, North Carolina. But that all changes on December 9, 2001, when Kathleen is found dead in her home at the bottom of a staircase. Michael claims it was a tragic, accidental fall. But was she murdered? In this three-part series, we investigate the shocking details of the case through the people closest to it. We'll also reveal a 16-year-old secret and examine one of the most dramatic trials in recent history.

Just finished, really interesting to see it play out. I was already aware of the case and some of the twists and turns. And it was groundbreaking when the original episodes were filmed - in fact I read that the Making a Murderer people went to the Staircase director for advice on putting episodes together.

Class documentary. Enjoyed it quite a bit.