American Animals (2018)

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Votes
Title: American Animals (2018)

Tagline: You don't know where the line is until you cross it

Genre: Drama, Crime

Director: Bart Layton

Cast: Evan Peters, Barry Keoghan, Blake Jenner, Jared Abrahamson, Ann Dowd, Gary Basaraba, Lara Grice, Jane McNeill, Whitney Goin, Udo Kier, Wayne Duvall, Fedor Steer, Jack Landry, Gretchen Koerner, William Cowboy Reed, Drew Starkey, Karen Wheeling Reynolds, Kevin L. Johnson, Abigail Dolan, Dorothy Reynolds, Al Mitchell, Marlo Scheitler, Pamela Mitchell, Tiffany Alice, AJ Taylor, Josh Royston, Steven 'Trainset' Curtis, Grayson Nickel, Daniel Freeze, Lauran Foster, Jesse Truesdell, Alec Heroux, Morgan Prewitt, Brian Cole, Stacy Rabon, Bonnie Cole, Jason Caceres, Stephen Royal Phillips, Ben McIntire, Josh Jordan, Bobby Akers, Cody Taylor, Debby Handolescu, Liam Marcy, James R. Wiley, Elijah Everett, John Demers, Hannah Hoyt, Kelly Borgnis, Sophia Alongi

Release: 2018-06-01

Runtime: 117

Plot: Lexington, Kentucky, 2004. Four young men attempt to execute one of the most audacious art heists in the history of the United States.

Gromit

Gromit

I watched this last night and it was brilliant. It's from the Bart Layton, the director of The Imposter. It also uses a similar way of blending documentary with movie interpretations of what happened very well, and funny at times, and done in a completely different way to The Imposter.

Barry Keoghan is excellent in it, very natural, especially with the American accent. Evan Peters is also a standout, and both seem perfectly matched to their real-life counterparts.

If you haven't seen or heard of it, I highly recommend.

Jason

Jason

Seen it, a very well thought out theft.

If the movie is a true reflection of what happened they should have been sentenced to an extra 10 years for being thick as fook.

    Major Tom replied to the thread Mindhunter.
    First three episodes are excellent. Better than season one.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Very nice result for Spurs against City. Had to ride their luck at times but that's to be expected. City will be disappointed to have...
    Coutinho immediately becomes one of their absolute best players, so it's well worth it for them - he's good enough that they can...
    Goal of the season already!?
    Pocket Casts and Player FM