After Life

4.00 star(s) Rating: 4.00/5 1 Vote
Title: After Life

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 2019-03-08

Creator: Ricky Gervais

Cast: Ricky Gervais, Kerry Godliman, Tom Basden, Tony Way, Paul Kaye, David Bradley

Overview: Tony had a perfect life. But after his wife Lisa suddenly dies, Tony changes. After contemplating taking his own life, he decides instead to live long enough to punish the world by saying and doing whatever he likes from now on.

Nice to see this receiving the good reviews it deserves. Think you either love or hate Gervais and a lot of people dismiss his work instantly.

It was really good I thought. Really sad subject matter/s but they were dealt with respectfully and also gave food for thought. Some truly sad moments mixed with some really funny ones as well. I thought the supporting cast was very good as well.

For a program that dealt with some hard issues, I thought it was very easy viewing strangely enough. I expect it'll be a stand-alone series and we won't get a second. Gervais is actually a decent actor that he doesn't always get the praise he deserves. A really good performance from him.

Really enjoying it. Only watched a couple of episodes so far. Some genuine laugh out moments, some moments where I swear someone started chopping onions nearby.
I expect it'll be a stand-alone series and we won't get a second.
Think he has started writing (or is planning) a second season.

  • Like
Reactions: Bandit

I don't particularly like Ricky Gervais but this is really excellent. So many well written characters

The thing I really loved about this show is how the dog saved him in each of the first few episodes. Dog food can vs mugger was brilliant.

Really enjoyed Roisin Connagty’s character.

Didn’t like the excessive use of strong language. It seemed over the top and spoiled the show a bit for me. It was almost as if Ricky knew he was allowed 3 C words and two F words per episode and made sure to include them.

Really enjoying it. Only watched a couple of episodes so far. Some genuine laugh out moments, some moments where I swear someone started chopping onions nearby.

Think he has started writing (or is planning) a second season.
Just noticed it has been confirmed for a second season. Not sure it's necessary the first season seemed pretty complete.

Lagan

Lagan

Really quite enjoyed this, some really nice scenes with a gentle, sensitive, heartwarming storyline.

    Here are this week’s games and add-on deals on the Xbox Games Store. Discounts are valid now through 27 May 2019. Xbox One Deals...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Huawei Phones.
    The Huawei issue has been doing the rounds in the UK for years and at one time they actually provided the UK government with the source...
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    No matter which ending they had gone with people would still complain. I didn't mind how they tied it all together, there were some...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    I think a player with the nickname ‘slab head’ is always worth the money :ROFLMAO:
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    No idea if the next series will be much kop, thought the second one was right up its own arse and where it goes next is questionable...
  • David76
    David76 posted the thread Codemasters reveals new Grid game in VIDEO GAME NEWS.
    Codemasters has just announced that an all-new Grid will be coming to consoles and PC later this year, with the fourth instalment in the...
  • David76
    David76 added the media item Grid - Reveal Trailer to Video Games.
    Check out the first reveal trailer for the Grid reboot.
    Grid - Reveal Trailer
  • David76
    The Xbox Backward Compatibility Sale is back again this year, and this time they are discounting more games in the catalogue than ever...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread Fantasy Game of Thrones.
    The series ended where Season 1 began. With the Stark family. I think they got the ending right in many ways.
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Science Fiction Westworld.
    Season 3 trailer