Latest Community Activity

  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    I can't recommend Address Unknown by Kressman Taylor highly enough. It only takes about an hour to read it but in the current climate...
  • Cherub
    Cherub replied to the thread The I-Land.
    The bit at the start of episode 2 was the limit for me.
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Surprisingly good fight for Fury last night. Fury looked really lethargic at times but showed that he can seriously fight when he needs...
  • Bandit
    Bandit replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    Great performance by Norwich. Well deserved. City are a nightmare in defence. Otamendi always has an error or two in him. Major blow...
  • Jason
    Jason replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Just finished three books in the last week. I think they're the first books I've managed to finish in 6 months. 'Bleeding Hearts' (a...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread EA Access News and Discussions.
    A little over six months after releasing, EA has today announced that BioWare’s Anthem is now available for play through EA Access.
  • Sad Professor
    Sad Professor replied to the thread General Premier League 2019/20 Discussion Thread.
    VAR has made four mistakes so far during the Premier League season, referees' chief Mike Riley has admitted. The mistakes identified...
  • Franco Pinion
    Franco Pinion replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    This was very much in keeping with the first film. The character stuff is good but 90% of the 'scary' stuff is loud, obnoxious...
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread It Chapter Two (2019).
    Really enjoyed the first one. Going on Tuesday to see this.
  • Boozy
    Boozy replied to the thread Operation Yellowhammer.
    Read the 15 point snapshot in The Times the other week and that was scary enough. This should really put the cat among the pigeons

Ad Astra (2019)

  • Created By Thread starter Best

Title: Ad Astra (2019)

Genre: Thriller, Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery, Drama

Director: James Gray

Cast: Brad Pitt, Tommy Lee Jones, Ruth Negga, Donald Sutherland, Jamie Kennedy, John Ortiz, Greg Bryk, Kimberly Elise, Loren Dean, John Finn, Anne McDaniels, LisaGay Hamilton, Kimmy Shields, Alyson Reed, Ravi Kapoor, Bobby Nish

Release: 2019-05-22

Plot: Astronaut Roy McBride must undertake a harrowing journey to the edge of our solar system when his long-lost scientist father seems to have resurfaced despite having been declared dead many years ago. His reappearance appears to be connected to a series of mysterious explosions and a top secret military project. As McBride makes his way across a series of increasingly dangerous outposts on the Moon and Mars, forces converge to stop him from finding answers while another impending explosion threatens to destroy life as we know it.

Best

Best

I just heard about this today.

Brad Pitt stars as an astronaut who "travels to the outer edges of the solar system to find his missing father and unravel a mystery that threatens the survival of our planet". Also starring Tommy Lee Jones, Ruth Negga (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) and Donald Sutherland.

Release was already delayed from January to end of May, but it's been delayed again until September in the USA, reportedly due to the visual effects taking longer.

  • Like
Reactions: Major Tom

I'm looking forward to seeing what James Gray does with a sci-fi canvas.

Jason

Jason

Another new trailer has popped up, more focused on Brad Pitt's character and his headspace within the story (as well as the overall plot itself). The trailer's very heavily leaning on the epic scope and action of everything, but I wonder how true that is to the final film.

Best

Best

The trailer's very heavily leaning on the epic scope and action of everything, but I wonder how true that is to the final film.
It's hard to do epic in space now without being compared to Interstellar, but it's harder when it seems you've borrowed the score. Shades of Close Encounters, too.

Hopefully it'll be its own thing.

Biscuit

Biscuit

I think this will be great but also a financial flop. Just like 2049.