Latest Posts

New Threads

WE ARE FORUM BANTER!!!
Talk about the things that matter to you!!
Howdy stranger!! It looks like you're new here.
If you want to get involved, click on the button below!
Join The Conversation

Drama A Star Is Born (2018)

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 3 Votes
Title: A Star Is Born (2018)

Genre: Drama, Music, Romance

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle, Bonnie Somerville, Andrew Dice Clay, Michael Harney, Rebecca Field, Rafi Gavron, Willam Belli, Halsey, Alec Baldwin, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-09-28

Runtime: 135

Plot: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers—and falls in love with—struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer—until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.

Bandit
Staff member Staff member

Bandit

Today, 01:42
Apr 3, 2018
Went to see it with the wife last night and really enjoyed it surprisingly. Something a bit different to what I’d usually like. Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent throughout and I wouldn't be surprised to see this on awards lists.

David76
Staff member

David76

Apr 7, 2018
We really enjoyed it.

Bradley Cooper was standout for me, he did a great job directing it as well. I thought Sam Elliot did a lot with his small part.

Lady Gaga is also very good and has an outstanding voice, no doubt.

Dylan
Staff member Staff member

Dylan

Apr 9, 2018
Going to see this tomorrow night with @Kimberley. Looking forward to it. The reviews have mostly been very positive.

K
Staff member

Kimberley

Aug 9, 2018
I had seen the Judy Garland version and the Streisand/Kristofferson version years ago, only have a faded memory of them though.

Still, I knew the plot and mainly went looking for good music and good performances. Was not disappointed by those: thought both leads acted their socks off, and the supporting actors too.

Would recommend it.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Apr 13, 2018
Went to see it this afternoon. I've never seen any of the earlier versions, but I loved this incarnation. Bradley Cooper does a sterling job as the booze-soaked over-the-hill guy who's had his day. Lady Gaga is wonderful.

The Kat
Staff member

The Kat

Jun 19, 2018
Went to see it last night. Lady Gaga is obviously getting a lot of praise for her acting, and rightly so. I mean after 5mins I forgot I was watching Lady Gaga, which says it all really. But I thought Bradley Cooper was the stand out here. He's never been better and I hope he wins an Oscar for his part.

SteveO
Staff member

SteveO

Apr 6, 2018
Very good film. Bradley Cooper's performance deserves an Oscar, surprised by Lady Gaga's too.

Bree
Staff member

Bree

Sep 23, 2018
Not a romantic film fan or a fan of musicals, but jesus I loved this

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Create an account or login for full access

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)