Drama A Star Is Born (2018)

Title: A Star Is Born (2018)

Genre: Drama, Music, Romance

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle, Bonnie Somerville, Andrew Dice Clay, Michael Harney, Rebecca Field, Rafi Gavron, Willam Belli, Halsey, Alec Baldwin, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-09-28

Runtime: 135

Plot: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers—and falls in love with—struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer—until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.

Went to see it with the wife last night and really enjoyed it surprisingly. Something a bit different to what I’d usually like. Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent throughout and I wouldn't be surprised to see this on awards lists.

We really enjoyed it.

Bradley Cooper was standout for me, he did a great job directing it as well. I thought Sam Elliot did a lot with his small part.

Lady Gaga is also very good and has an outstanding voice, no doubt.

Likes: Gemma

Going to see this tomorrow night with @Kimberley. Looking forward to it. The reviews have mostly been very positive.

Kimberley

Aug 9, 2018
I had seen the Judy Garland version and the Streisand/Kristofferson version years ago, only have a faded memory of them though.

Still, I knew the plot and mainly went looking for good music and good performances. Was not disappointed by those: thought both leads acted their socks off, and the supporting actors too.

Would recommend it.

Connie
Staff member

Connie

Went to see it this afternoon. I've never seen any of the earlier versions, but I loved this incarnation. Bradley Cooper does a sterling job as the booze-soaked over-the-hill guy who's had his day. Lady Gaga is wonderful.

The Kat
Staff member

The Kat

Jun 19, 2018
Went to see it last night. Lady Gaga is obviously getting a lot of praise for her acting, and rightly so. I mean after 5mins I forgot I was watching Lady Gaga, which says it all really. But I thought Bradley Cooper was the stand out here. He's never been better and I hope he wins an Oscar for his part.

Very good film. Bradley Cooper's performance deserves an Oscar, surprised by Lady Gaga's too.

Bree
Staff member

Bree

Sep 23, 2018
Not a romantic film fan or a fan of musicals, but jesus I loved this

  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Chelsea have confirmed the loan signing of Higuain for the rest of the season. I'd say PSG are gutted. Lost Rabiot to them and now De...
  • Dylan
    Dylan replied to the thread What Are You Reading?.
    Hunt Them Down by Simon Gervais. Enjoyed it, the central character has the potential to be a Jack Reacher type.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Sad news about Emiliano Sala. Poor poor guy. Why didn't he just take a few more hours out of his weekend and fly first class on a...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread January 2019 Transfer Window.
    Summer signing but someone a few clubs were after, €75m and another possible €11m in add ons.
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Manny Pacquiao v Adrien Broner.
    Broner really showed nothing in that fight, low output, back on the ropes, circling out of range and holding all the time. Manny did a...
  • David76
    David76 liked Major Tom's post in the thread Resident Evil 2.
    I remember playing RE2 when it first came out in 1998, so much hype then too, it was brilliant. Got my mate to play the first couple...
  • David76
    David76 replied to the thread Resident Evil 2.
    My code arrived from CD Keys. Pre loading now :)