A Star Is Born (2018)

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 4 Votes
Title: A Star Is Born (2018)

Genre: Drama, Music, Romance

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle, Bonnie Somerville, Andrew Dice Clay, Michael Harney, Rebecca Field, Rafi Gavron, Willam Belli, Halsey, Alec Baldwin, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-09-28

Runtime: 135

Plot: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers—and falls in love with—struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer—until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.

Went to see it with the wife last night and really enjoyed it surprisingly. Something a bit different to what I’d usually like. Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent throughout and I wouldn't be surprised to see this on awards lists.

We really enjoyed it.

Bradley Cooper was standout for me, he did a great job directing it as well. I thought Sam Elliot did a lot with his small part.

Lady Gaga is also very good and has an outstanding voice, no doubt.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Going to see this tomorrow night with @Kimberley. Looking forward to it. The reviews have mostly been very positive.

  • Like
Reactions: Kimberley and Gemma

Kimberley

I had seen the Judy Garland version and the Streisand/Kristofferson version years ago, only have a faded memory of them though.

Still, I knew the plot and mainly went looking for good music and good performances. Was not disappointed by those: thought both leads acted their socks off, and the supporting actors too.

Would recommend it.

Connie

Connie

Went to see it this afternoon. I've never seen any of the earlier versions, but I loved this incarnation. Bradley Cooper does a sterling job as the booze-soaked over-the-hill guy who's had his day. Lady Gaga is wonderful.

The Kat

The Kat

Went to see it last night. Lady Gaga is obviously getting a lot of praise for her acting, and rightly so. I mean after 5mins I forgot I was watching Lady Gaga, which says it all really. But I thought Bradley Cooper was the stand out here. He's never been better and I hope he wins an Oscar for his part.

Very good film. Bradley Cooper's performance deserves an Oscar, surprised by Lady Gaga's too.

Bree

Bree

Not a romantic film fan or a fan of musicals, but jesus I loved this

EmmaG

EmmaG

I thought it was fantastic! The best movie I've seen in a good while. I'm not a particular fan of either Cooper or Lady Gaga, but the acting from both of them was amazing. I loved the music and the roller coaster of emotions.

  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Janey's recipe Slow Cooker Vegan Bean Chilli with Like Like.
    8 spring onions, trimmed and thinly sliced 450g/1lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into roughly 2cm/¾in chunks 1 yellow pepper, seeds...
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Game of Thrones theme song.
    Pretty epic.
  • Gemma
    Gemma replied to the thread Pavarotti (2019).
    Excellent, will need to look out for it :)
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Sazzy's post in the thread Pavarotti (2019) with Love Love.
    Looking forward to this. Such a beautiful voice. @Gemma, one for you lovely xXx
  • Gemma
    Gemma reacted to Geezer's post in the thread Game of Thrones theme song with Like Like.
    Get into the mood for the series finale with this awesome rendition of the Game of Thrones theme song
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread The Latest Boxing Crack.
    Tyson Fury beat Wilder in everyone except the judges eyes without particularly testing his chin. Joshua, and possibly even Whyte, would...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Gears of War 5.
    Information on The Coalition’s upcoming Gears 5 has been few and far between, but the developers have nonetheless at least been sharing...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to Slenderman's post in the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City with Like Like.
    Great player and leader around the club. His career has been a little blighted by injuries but he oozes class. His goal against...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Captain Vincent Kompany has left Manchester City.
    Agreed. One of the best CBs in the Premier League of his generation. Came across as a natural leader and a genuine nice guy. Very...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread What Games Have You Completed Lately.
    Horizon: Zero Dawn - great, great game, really loved the story, the world and most of the gameplay. My type of gaming experience