A Star Is Born (2018)

5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 4 Votes
Title: A Star Is Born (2018)

Genre: Drama, Music, Romance

Director: Bradley Cooper

Cast: Bradley Cooper, Lady Gaga, Sam Elliott, Dave Chappelle, Bonnie Somerville, Andrew Dice Clay, Michael Harney, Rebecca Field, Rafi Gavron, Willam Belli, Halsey, Alec Baldwin, Peter Vo

Release: 2018-09-28

Runtime: 135

Plot: Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers—and falls in love with—struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer—until Jack coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jack fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons.

Went to see it with the wife last night and really enjoyed it surprisingly. Something a bit different to what I’d usually like. Cooper and Lady Gaga are excellent throughout and I wouldn't be surprised to see this on awards lists.

We really enjoyed it.

Bradley Cooper was standout for me, he did a great job directing it as well. I thought Sam Elliot did a lot with his small part.

Lady Gaga is also very good and has an outstanding voice, no doubt.

  • Like
Reactions: Gemma

Kimberley

I had seen the Judy Garland version and the Streisand/Kristofferson version years ago, only have a faded memory of them though.

Still, I knew the plot and mainly went looking for good music and good performances. Was not disappointed by those: thought both leads acted their socks off, and the supporting actors too.

Would recommend it.

Connie

Connie

Went to see it this afternoon. I've never seen any of the earlier versions, but I loved this incarnation. Bradley Cooper does a sterling job as the booze-soaked over-the-hill guy who's had his day. Lady Gaga is wonderful.

The Kat

The Kat

Went to see it last night. Lady Gaga is obviously getting a lot of praise for her acting, and rightly so. I mean after 5mins I forgot I was watching Lady Gaga, which says it all really. But I thought Bradley Cooper was the stand out here. He's never been better and I hope he wins an Oscar for his part.

Very good film. Bradley Cooper's performance deserves an Oscar, surprised by Lady Gaga's too.

EmmaG

EmmaG

I thought it was fantastic! The best movie I've seen in a good while. I'm not a particular fan of either Cooper or Lady Gaga, but the acting from both of them was amazing. I loved the music and the roller coaster of emotions.

    Bandit replied to the thread Summer Transfer Window 2019.
    Could be true! Newcastle United have signed striker Joelinton from Hoffenheim for a club record £40m fee on a six-year deal. The...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    It's a sad indictment on the state of British Politics when nobody is pulling our new Prime Minister up on this;
  • SteveO
    SteveO reacted to Major Tom's post in the thread Pickem/Survivor - 2019 Seasons with Like Like.
    The NFL Pickem and Survivor pools are now open, the first week schedule is available for the Pickem game with Survivor week 1 selection...
  • SteveO
    SteveO replied to the thread NFL 2019 General Discussion Thread.
    The latest OBJ comments are no doubt gonna stir things up among Giants fans such as myself. I get he feels disrespected (if everything...
  • Aimie
    Aimie replied to the thread Boris Johnson is the new Prime Minister.
    Doesn't look great for BoJo regarding Brexit.
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Star Trek: Picard.
    I'm betting that's a captured Borg cube! Janeway and the Borg hunters been busy!
    • attachment.jpg
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom replied to the thread Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (Ubisoft).
    The first free episode of The Division 2 has been released for Year 1 Pass holders, as part of title update 5, and takes agents into...
  • Major Tom
    Major Tom reacted to David76's post in the thread Xbox LIVE Deals with Like Like.
    Exactly the same for me. I've been keeping an eye out for a sale on Nier: Automata, but I know if I buy it it'll hit Game Pass soon...
    Microsoft has announced this week's Deals With Gold for Xbox Live Gold members. These deals run through July 30 Xbox One Deals...
    I don't think Bale to Bayern is too likely; it's not the kind of move they tend to make. Age, injuries, wages, etc - it just doesn't...