- 2 tbsp chilli paste
- 1 x 284ml carton buttermilk
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 100g (3 1/2oz) plain flour
- 50g (2oz) cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 125ml (4fl oz) light olive oil
- 200g (7oz) mixed salad leaves
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Combine the chilli paste and buttermilk in a bowl. Add the chicken and toss to coat.
- Sift the flour, cornmeal and baking powder onto a plate; season. Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mixture, dip back into the buttermilk, then coat with the flour once again.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken, until golden. Transfer to a baking tray and bake for 20 minutes, or until cooked through with no pink meat showing. Slice.
- Meanwhile, combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl; season. Arrange the chicken on the salad and dress.