- 250 g long grain rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 400 g pack extra lean stir fry beef
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 200 g fine beans, washed and sliced in half
- 250 g pack closed cup chestnut mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 200 ml chicken stock, made with stock cube
- 150 g frozen garden peas
- 150 ml lighter crème fraîche
- 14 g fresh flat-leaf parsley, washed and finely chopped
- Put the rice in a pan and add enough cold water to just cover. Bring to the boil; cover with a lid and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat. Add the beef strips and stir-fry for 3 minutes until browned. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion, green beans and mushrooms to the pan and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and peas. Cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the crème fraîche, beef and most of the parsley. Heat for 3 minutes until the sauce is thick and the beef is cooked through.
- Drain the rice and serve with the stroganoff, garnished with the remaining parsley.