|pancetta, guanciale or bacon (cubed)|
|freshly-grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese|
|freshly-ground black pepper|
|Pecorino or Parmesan cheese for serving|
- Bring large pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until al dente, approx. 7–9 min, or according to package instructions. Reserve about 120 ml/0.5 cup pasta water, and drain. In a large serving bowl, whisk together egg yolks, a few grinds of black pepper, and cheese.
- Sauté cubed pancetta until crisp and fat is rendered.
- Toss pasta in skillet with pancetta until it's coated in its fat.
- Transfer pasta along with half of the reserved pasta water to serving bowl with egg mixture, mixing everything together quickly so that the eggs don’t scramble. Toss until the mixture turns creamy and thick, adding more pasta water as needed.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper and serve garnished with more cheese.