1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt and pepper
1 large Onion, chopped
1 Green Pepper, chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can of kidney beans in chilli sauce

IMG_20190115_191708 (1).jpg

Method

  • Brown the Chorizo in a frying pan over medium heat until crispy. Add to slow cooker. On top of the Chorizo, add the beef. Sprinkle the spices on top of the beef. Top the meat with the chopped onion and then add the chopped pepper. (You can be chopping as you go.)
  • Add the beans to the pot and top with the can of tomatoes. Do not stir.
  • Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Stir at the halfway, or thereabouts point. Taste chilli and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
  • Ready to serve or can be made ahead of time up to 2 days, refrigerated covered. To reheat, place in large pot and over medium heat bring to gentle boil, stirring frequently, until heated through. Can also be frozen defrost prior to reheating.
I've left it without stirring halfway just done it when I've got home then cooked the rice. Nice with a baked potato (see picture below) or if you're being unhealthy on top of some nachos and cheese Usually add an extra tin or two of different types of beans as the kids will eat a lot of these.

Often don't have chilli beans so just use kidney beans and double the chilli powder and cumin.

Main information

Added by
Last update
Author rating