- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tsp coriander seeds (or ground coriander)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas
- 150g (5oz) roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- small handful coriander, chopped
This zesty new spin on a chicken salad is surprisingly-simple and healthy, yet flavour-packed and satisfying. Enjoy as a quick meal for two that's sure to impress.
- Put the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of clingfilm and bash with a rolling pin to flatten slightly. Lightly crush the coriander seeds (if using) and rub into the chicken with the olive oil and lime zest. Season and set aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through with no pink meat showing. Set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the onion, lime juice and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Leave to stand for 10 minutes, or until the onion has softened a little and the juice has turned pink.
- Tip the tin of chickpeas and its water into a small pan. Cook over a medium heat, until warmed through; drain well.
- Add the chickpeas, peppers, extra-virgin oil and herbs to the bowl with the onion; toss to combine. Slice the chicken and serve with the chickpea salad.